Second or Additional Degree Option (NURS SCND)
This option admits students, who have successfully completed a bachelor's degree in another discipline, to the major through a review process. All students must have met all general education and prerequisite course requirements. Clinical experiences occur at facilities surrounding Penn State Harrisburg.
Accelerated Second Degree Program Overview
- For individuals with a baccalaureate degree in another field who are interested in a career change to nursing.
- Intensive, 16 month, cohort-based accelerated offering.
- Consists of 4 full-time, consecutive semesters, beginning each fall (late August).
- Graduation is in December of the second fall semester and culminates with the traditional Nursing Pinning Ceremony and Penn State Harrisburg Commencement Ceremony.
- Penn State Harrisburg's Second Degree Program is one of only two offered throughout the University.
- Many regionally and nationally recognized healthcare facilities are in our geographic region, including Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Pinnacle Health System, Holy Spirit Health System, and Masonic Village. Located in a residential area, the college is also within a few hours drive of Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and New York City.
Note: All transportation and expenses related to clinical are the responsibility of the student. All students must carry professional liability insurance; complete an annual health examination, criminal background and child abuse history clearance; maintain CPR certification and adhere to any additional requirements of the clinical facilities.
This page is not a part of the official Penn State University Bulletin.