Follow the schedule and instructions outlined below for your student status.
When to Register for Courses
Refer to the Registration Time Table for the appropriate semester for registration dates and deadlines.
Registration Instructions for Degree Students
- Meet with your adviser and plan your course schedule. New Penn State students must arrange to obtain a University ID card. Photo IDs will be taken in E-122, Olmsted Building, during regular office hours. An ID card is required for library privileges.
- Internet registration is available using LionPATH. Current students login with your user ID and password and proceed to the shopping cart/registration.
LionPATH tutorials are available for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Undergraduate students who interrupted continuous degree enrollment must complete a Re-enrollment Request Form prior to registration. The following options are available:
- Complete the Re-enrollment Request Form, then print and mail it to Penn State Harrisburg, Academic Records Office, 777 W. Harrisburg Pike, Middletown, PA 17057 or send as an email attachment to [email protected]
- OR Call the Academic Records Office at (717) 948-6020 to request a form.
After your re-enrollment has been processed and finalized, you will receive an e-mail at the non-PSU address you provided on your re-enrollment form directing you to re-set your LionPATH account. Then follow steps 1 and 2 above.
- If you are a graduate student and have missed a semester, follow the Resume Study instructions from the Graduate School.
Registration Instructions for Non-degree Students
New Non-degree Graduate
- New Non-degree Graduate students should follow the Graduate School's instructions for Non-Degree Applicants. Allow 24 to 48 hours for the application to be processed.
- After you receive your e-mail directing you to set up your LionPATH account you must complete your pre-registration activities and your financial responsibilities before you can register.
New Non-degree Undergraduate
- New Nondegree Undergraduate students must complete a Nondegree Application Form prior to registration. The following options are available:
- After the Undergraduate Non-degree Application has been processed, you receive an e-mail at the non-PSU address you provided on your application directing you to log in and set up your LionPATH account. You must then complete your pre-registration activities and agree to your financial responsibilities before you can register online using LionPATH.
Returning Non-degree (Undergraduate or Graduate)
If you were enrolled last semester, you may register online using LionPATH.
Registering in Person
Some students may require special handling for registration. Manual registration can be done in the Enrollment Services/Academic Records Office, Swatara Building after your LionPATH account is activated and your pre-registration activities and financial responsibilities requirements are met.
PART-TIME STUDENTS: To change billing and financial aid status for a total schedule of less than 12 credits, follow other automated registration instructions or contact Financial Aid or the Bursar.
LionPATH Public Search
The LionPATH course schedule contains the most up-to-date class information, including day, time, room, instructor, and open seats. Search for classes based on subject, location, meeting times, etc.
If you know the Class Number for a specific course, (1) select the Term and (2) enter the Class Nbr (an option under the Additional Search Criteria).
Note: If you wish to search for closed classes (e.g., in order to be added to a waitlist), uncheck the "Show Open Classes Only" box, and select the Campus location, "HB - Harrisburg."