June 4-7, 2014
The Adult Education Research Conference (AERC) is an annual conference that began back in 1949. Its purpose is to provide a forum for adult education scholars, practitioners, and researchers with the intent to promote the improvement of research and evaluation in adult education and to foster professional collaboration among persons who have an interest in research in the field of adult education.
Penn State Harrisburg
Please note that the online registration process uses separate links for the Pre-Conference and Conference registrations. After clicking on an online registration link, the event will be added to your Outreach shopping cart.
To register for both the Pre-Conference and Conference in one transaction, be sure to add both events to your shopping cart by clicking on one and then the other registration link. Once both events show up in your shopping cart, you may proceed to check out.
Pre-Conference, June 4
Conference, June 5-7
Note: student discount is applied at the registration/event set-up window, before you enter any payment information.
- Regular: $225
- Late Registration: a $50 late fee will be applied to the registration fee after May 13, 2014.
- Register for the conference online, or download a conference registration form
- We strongly encourage participants to register prior to the event. No hard copy day of/walk-in registrations will be accepted. The only day of/walk-in method of registration that will be available is online with payment by MasterCard or Visa.
Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey
4650 Lindle Road, Harrisburg, PA 17111
- A block of rooms has been reserved for the conference at a rate (single, double, triple, quad) of $109/night plus tax.
- Online: www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/PSUHarrisburgAdultEducation
- Call: (717) 564-5511 and ask for Sales Dept. Indicate that you would like the “Penn State Harrisburg Adult Education Research Conference” rate.
This group rate is available June 1 – 10, 2014 (three days prior to and three days after the conference), but only for reservations made by phone.
Ask to speak with Shirley Miller or Lisa Chenoweth if you experience difficulty making your reservation.
- The cut-off date for the room block is May 13, 2014. Reservation requests received after 5:00 p.m. local time at the Hotel after the cut-off date will be accepted at the Hotel’s prevailing rate based on room availability.
- Shuttle service from the hotel to the conference is available at select times.
Morning beverages with light refreshments and lunch are provided as part of the conference fee.
The following special events are provided at no additional charge:
- Opening Reception Wednesday, June 4, 6 pm – 8 pm (Sheraton)
- Penn State Alumni Reception, Thursday, June 5, 6 pm – 8 pm (Sheraton)
- Business Lunch, Friday, June 6, noon (Penn State Harrisburg, CUB building).
However, for headcount purposes, we do request that you answer the registration questions concerning attendance at these special events.
To the Conference
Penn State Harrisburg is conveniently located in a transportation hub of Central Pennsylvania and is easily accessible by air, rail, or car. Harrisburg International Airport is within one mile of the campus, public transportation serves the college, and rail service affords convenient access from locations throughout the nation.
- Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) is located directly across the street from the main entrance of the campus. Shuttle service will be provided by the Sheraton to and from the airport.
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is also only two hours away by car or bus for those who wish to see the many attractions in between Eastern and Central Pennsylvania.
- Middletown and Harrisburg both have AMTRAK train stations that allow easy access to the campus.
- The campus is easily accessible via major Interstate Route 83 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike's Exit 247.
- Transportation will be provided from the Sheraton to the Penn State Harrisburg campus (conference site) from June 4-7 in the morning from 8 am – 9 am and from June 4 - 6 in the evening from 4 pm – 5 pm. The last shuttle on June 7 is from 12 pm – 1 pm.
- Limited transportation during the day may also be provided; additional information will be provided at the conference.
If you have questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to contact the conference organizers via email to [email protected].