Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
The Master of Science in Electrical Engineering degree program is designed to provide support for industrial and academic research needs. This program prepares students to pursue further industrial or academic career, as a leader and/or an advanced practitioner, in various areas of Electrical Engineering and related disciplines.
Electrical engineering areas covered by the faculty
- Control systems and robotics
- Power systems, energy conversion, and smart grids
- Communication systems, signal processing, and signal integrity
- RF/microwave, high frequency electronics, and electromagnetics
- Electronics, and electrical circuits and instrumentation
- System engineering and computer engineering
In addition, because of the program faculty’s relationship with the nearby Penn State College of Medicine (Penn State Hershey), there is the potential for research in medical imaging, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and biomedical instrumentation.
- The program may be completed on a full-time or part-time basis.
- The program is accessible to engineering professionals who wish to pursue advanced studies without giving up their current employment.
- Most classes are scheduled weekly in three-hour evening sessions, offering a convenient format for career professionals seeking to enroll on part-time basis.
Industry support and exposure
- Whenever possible, the program will take advantage of the specialized equipment and research facilities available in the local industries to enhance the training of MSEE/MENG students.
- Whenever possible, to gain practical experience on their research topic, the students can take advantage of existing internship opportunities in the local industry.
The Master’s Thesis in EE
- Master’s thesis requirement allows students to conduct in-depth research on a specific topic and learn about research methodology and conduct.
- Students can benefit from the program’s lab facility, state of the art software packages, and equipment to conduct their master’s research.
- This MSEE program allows and industry professionals working in local industries or Penn State Harrisburg BSEE graduates to continue their education in the south central Pennsylvania region.
Degree Conferred: M.S.