Penn State Harrisburg, in coordination with local and regional agencies, will conduct an emergency preparedness exercise in its library, on Friday, September 30 starting at 9:00 a.m. The library will be closed to the public between 7:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
The mail center offers a variety of mailing and delivery services to the University community. Serving in an advisory capacity, the mail center reviews University mailings and provides direction on special packaging requirements as dictated by the United States Postal Service Guidelines.
The Harrisburg Campus participates in the UPS CampusShip program which puts automated, online shipping directly in the hands of employees providing efficient and convenient shipping -- right from their desk.
Enjoy the benefits of creating your own labels, storing frequently used shipping addresses, viewing your department’s shipping history for up to 90 days, and tracking your packages.
Helpful Shipping Guidelines
You can help make sure that your package arrives safely and on time with these good packaging guidelines and procedures developed from UPS research.
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact.
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other shipment markings from the box.
- Wrap all items separately.
- Use adequate cushioning material.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping.
- Do not use string or paper over-wrap.
- Use a single address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information.
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package.
Weight & size limits
UPS has established specific weight and size limits for the packages that you send with all UPS services. The restrictions below only pertain to individual packages. There are no limits to the total weight of your shipment or the total number of packages in your shipment.
- Packages can be up to 150 lbs (70 kg).
- Packages can be up to 165 inches (419 cm) in length and girth combined.
- Packages can be up to 108 inches (270 cm) in length.
- Packages that weigh more than 70 lbs (31.5 kg, 25 kg within the EU) require a special heavy-package label.
- Oversize packages and packages with a large size-to-weight ratio require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations
Next day air early a.m.
- Guaranteed on-time weekday delivery to major cities by 8 A.M.
- Saturday delivery by 9:00 or 9:30 A.M.
Next day air
- Reliable delivery to all 50 states & Puerto Rico.
- Guaranteed overnight delivery by 10:30 A.M., 12:00 noon, or the end of next business day depending on location.
2nd day air
- An economical alternative for time-sensitive shipments that do not require overnight or morning service.
- Guaranteed delivery to all 50 states & Puerto Rico by the end of the second business day.
- Prompt, dependable, low-cost ground delivery makes an excellent choice for all your routine shipments.
- Provides day specific delivery to destinations in the U.S.
- Each budget is assigned a 3 digit budget code number for billing purposes.
- All mail for metering must have a metered mail card attached. (See Mail Communication Processing Center Guide).
- When shipping packages via UPS the 3 digit budget code number must appear on shipping labels.
- All departments are billed monthly for postage and UPS usage.