Penn State Harrisburg, in coordination with local and regional agencies, will conduct an emergency preparedness exercise in its library, on Friday, September 30 starting at 9:00 a.m. The library will be closed to the public between 7:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Faculty & Staff Resources
Global Ambassador Program
Penn State Harrisburg hosts international students from nearly 50 countries. The international students bring tremendous resources to the campus. Global Ambassadors are liaisons to different schools and programs. For Fall 2016, there are 32 Global Ambassadors from many countries. They recorded greetings in dozens of languages, shared cultural discussion etiquette, and presented their observation of American Culture and Etiquette.
The Global Ambassador Program promotes Penn State Harrisburg's goals for academic excellence, diversity and global citizenship by developing life skills needed to become competent and engaged future world leaders.
The program trains future world leaders by involving students with
- planning and implementing international students programs
- participating in community services
- building relations with students, faculty, staff and community leaders
- Current Global Ambassadors
- Learn to greet others in multiple languages
- Shared cultural etiquette
- Global Ambassador Program Training Manual
Global Ambassador Awards
The Global Ambassador Program honors three outstanding Global Ambassadors each semester with the following awards:
- Outstanding Leader
- Diversity Award
- Outstanding Community Service