Richard C. Ciocci, Ph.D., P.E.
· Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Science, Engineering, and Technology
· Program Chair, Mechanical Engineering & Mechanical Engineering Technology
· Program Coordinator, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Pennsylvania
- Penn State Harrisburg Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2011
- Penn State Harrisburg Faculty Advising Award in 2009
- American Society for Engineering Education - Environmental Engineering Division - Early Career Grant 2006
- National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development Excellence Award Winner in 1992
- Outstanding Young Men in America in 1987
- Federal Department of Energy Achievement Award for timely support of initial build of new detonator design at Monsanto Research Corporation in 1983
- Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers; currently serve the Technology & Society Division as Past Chair, also serve on the ASME Publications Committee
- Member of the American Society for Engineering Education
- 1985 - 2002 Professor of Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology, Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg, PA
- 1984 - 1985 Manufacturing Engineer AMP, INC , Harrisburg, PA
- 1978- 1984 Senior Project Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer Monsanto Research Corporation, Miamisburg, OH
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Advanced manufacturing and design
- Design for environment
- Lead-free solder in electronics manufacturing
- Material flow analysis
- ENGR 320Y Design for Global Society
- ENGMT 511 Engineering for Energy and the Environment
- E MCH 211 Statics
- E MCH 212 Dynamics
- ENVE 430 Sustainable Engineering
- M E 448 Engineering Design Concepts
- M E 449 Engineering Design Projects
- M E 468 Engineering for Manufacturing
- MET 481 Project Design
Publications and Research
- Nie, L., M. Pecht, and R. Ciocci, “Regulations and Market Trends in Lead-free and Halogen-free Electronics,” Circuit World, Vol. 33, No. 2, 4-9, 2007.
- Ciocci, R. and M. Pecht, “Learning from the Migration to Lead-free Solder,” Soldering and Surface Mount Technology, Vol. 18, No. 3, 14-18, 2006.
- Ciocci, R., “Characterizing Sustainable Mechanical Engineering,” the Technology Interface, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2006, Available: http://technologyinterface.nmsu.edu/Spring06/.
- Ciocci, R. and M. Pecht, “Impact of Environmental Regulations on Green Electronics Manufacture,” Microelectronics International, Vol. 23, No. 2, 45-50, 2006.
- Ciocci, R., D. Cottrell, and P. Idowu, “Engineering Technology Graduates Keep Pace with their Engineering Colleagues to Succeed in a Master of Engineering Program,” Journal of Engineering Technology, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 46-51, Fall 2005.
- Ciocci, R. and M. Pecht, “Questions Concerning the Migration to Lead-free Solder,” Circuit World, Vol. 30, No. 2, 34-40, 2004.
- Ciocci, R., “Handling the Migration to Lead Free,” IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 24, No. 3, 536-538, September 2001.
- Ciocci, R., “Assessment of Environmental Equity: Results of an Engineering Service-Learning Project,” Projects that Matter: Concepts and Models in Service-Learning for Engineering, E. Tsang, ed., American Association for Higher Education, Washington, DC, pp. 161-166, 2000.
B.S.; M.S.; Ph.D. (Maryland); P.E.
- +1 717 948 6095
- W239 Olmsted Building
TR 1:00-2:30 PM in 239W
F 10:00-11:00 AM