Richard C. Ciocci, Ph.D., P.E.
Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Pennsylvania
- Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers; currently serve the Technology & Society Division as Past Chair, also serve on the ASME Publications Committee
- Member of the American Society for Engineering Education
- Advanced Manufacturing and Design
- Lead-free solder in Electronics Manufacturing
- Design for Environment
- Sustainable Engineering
- Material Flow Analysis
August 2002- present Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering Technology, Penn State Harrisburg, PA. For more information consult my home page.
- Manufacturing Processes
- Engineering Economy
- Reliability Engineering
- Manufacturing Processes Laboratory
- Design for Society
1985 - 2002 Professor of Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology, Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg, PA
- Applications in CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- Materials & Manufacturing Processes
- Design for the Environment
1984 - 1985 Manufacturing Engineer AMP, INC , Harrisburg, PA
- Supported production operations by handling administrative needs to meet schedules; developed manufacturing processes; assessed product design from manufacturing viewpoint for manufacturer of electrical connectors.
1978- 1984 Senior Project Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer Monsanto Research Corporation, Miamisburg, OH
- Developed manufacturing processes; designed process tooling; authored operating and inspection instructions; documented processes for weapons-system contractor.
Publications and Research
- Ciocci, R., Environmentally Conscious Electronic Manufacturing (Chapter 8). In Handbook of Environmentally Conscious Manufacturing, Ed. M. Kutz, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
- Ciocci, R., Abu-Mahfouz, I., and Elnashaie, S., Analysis to Develop Hydrogen Production from Bio-oils. In Proceedings of the 2007 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, IMECE2007-43225, Seattle, WA (Nov 2007).
- Ciocci, R., Massey, D., and Funck, S., Developing a Process to Identify the Material Flow of a Priority Chemical. In Proceedings of the 2006 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, IMECE2006-13727, Chicago IL (Nov 2006).
- Ciocci, R., and Pecht, M., Learning from the Migration to Lead-free Solder. Soldering and Surface Mount Technology, Vol. 18, No. 3 (2006), pp. 14-18.
- Ciocci, R., and Pecht, M., Impact of Environmental Regulations on Green Electronics Manufacture. Microelectronics International, Vol. 23, No. 2 (2006), pp. 45-50.
- Ciocci, R., Cottrell, D., and Idowu, P., Engineering Technology Graduates Keep Pace with their Engineering Colleagues to Succeed in a Master of Engineering Program, Journal of Engineering Technology, Vol. 22, No. 2 (Fall 2005), pp. 46-51.
- Ciocci, R., J. Wu, and M. Pecht, "Impact of Environmental Regulations on Electronics Manufacture, Use and Disposal," European Microelectronics Packaging and Interconnection Symposium Cracow, Poland, pp. 73-80, June 16-18, 2002.
- Ciocci, R., "Lead-free Solder Replacement: Beyond the Material Substitution," Proceedings of the International Society of Optical Engineering, Environmentally Conscious Manufacturing II, Volume #4569, Newton, MA, October 28-29, 2001.
- Ciocci, R., "Handling the Migration to Lead Free," IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 24, No. 3, 536-538, September 2001.
- Ciocci, R., "Lead-free Solder and the Consumer Electronics Market," Proceedings of the 2001 Green Engineering Conference, Roanoke, VA, July 29-31, 2001.
- Ciocci, R., "Assessment of Environmental Equity: Results of an Engineering Service-Learning Project," Projects that Matter: Concepts and Models in Service-Learning for Engineering, edited by Edmund Tsang, American Association for Higher Education, Washington, DC, pp. 161-166, 2000.
- Godbois, C., R. Ciocci, and E. Leung, "Applied Algebra with Laboratory Experimentation," American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference Proceedings, Seattle, WA, June 28-July 1, 1998.
- Ciocci, R., "Product Reuse and Reliability," American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference Proceedings, Washington, DC, June 23-26, 1996.
- Ciocci, R., "Life Cycle Analysis of No-clean Soldering Technologies for Printed Wiring Boards and Assemblies," The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Symposium on Electronics and the Environment Proceedings, Orlando, FL, May 1-3, 1995.
B.S.; M.S.; Ph.D. (Maryland); P.E.
- +1 717 948 6095
- W239 Olmsted Building