Penn State Harrisburg, in coordination with local and regional agencies, will conduct an emergency preparedness exercise in its library, on Friday, September 30 starting at 9:00 a.m. The library will be closed to the public between 7:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Raffy Luquis, Ph.D.
Dr. Raffy R. Luquis is an associate professor of health education in the School of Behavioral Sciences and Education at Penn State Harrisburg. Dr. Luquis earned his Ph.D. in health science at the University of Arkansas (1996), his M.S. in health education (1991), and his B.S. in science (1988) at the Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Luquis has taught at the college level for eight years. Dr. Luquis has several referred publications and more than 40 national, regional and state presentations in the areas of health education, adolescent health, sexuality, and multicultural health.
- Evaluation of health education/promotion programs
- Community health education/promotion
- Multicultural Health
Publications and Research
- Perez, M. & Luquis R. (Eds.) (in press). Cultural Competence in Health Education and Health Promotion. San Francisco: Jossey Bass.
- Luquis, R. & Pérez, M. (2006). Cultural competency among school health educators. Journal of Cultural Diversity, 13(4), 218-222.
- Luquis, R., Pérez, M., & Young K. (2006). Cultural competence development in health education professional preparation programs. American Journal of Health Education, 37(4), 233-241.
- Luquis, R., & Villanueva, I. (2006). Knowledge, attitudes, and perceptions about breast cancer and breast cancer screening among Hispanic women residing in south central Pennsylvania. Journal of Community Health, 31(1), 25-42.
- Luquis R. & Pérez, M. (2005). Health Educators and Cultural Competence: Implications for the Profession. American Journal of Health Studies, 20(3/4), 156-163.
- Pérez, M., Luquis, R., & Allison, L. (2004). Instrument development for measuring teachersï¿½ attitude and comfort in teaching human sexuality. American Journal of Health Education, 35(1), 24-29.
B.S.; M.S.; Ph.D. (Arkansas)
- +1 717 948 6730
- W314 Olmsted Building