Penn State Harrisburg, in coordination with local and regional agencies, will conduct an emergency preparedness exercise in its library, on Friday, September 30 starting at 9:00 a.m. The library will be closed to the public between 7:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Penn State Harrisburg
Peter B. Idowu, Ph.D., P.E.
- Analysis of electrical power systems,
- Power system control (adaptive, fuzzy, ANN)
- Modeling of electric machine systems
- Computer modeling and simulation of electric power systems
- Digital learning games
- Adaptive control of electrical machine systems
- Engineering laboratory systems, Smart Grid Test-beds
- Induction Motor signature analysis
- Battery storage SOC/SOH
Publications and Research
- Idowu, P., Okoh, K., Huynh, C., Kang, K., Bonsall, S., (2014). “Development of a power systems protection laboratory through university-industry partnership,” International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education (IJEEE). V51. [In print].
- Omer, M., Idowu, P. (2011), “A platform-independent learning tool for power system analysis concepts,” International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education (IJEEE). v48, n 4, p 423-433, Oct. 2011.
- Idowu, P., Atiyeh, J., Schmitt, E., Morales, A. W. (2010). “A MATLAB tool for introducing basics of induction motor current signature (IMCS) analysis,” International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education (IJEEE), v 47, n 1, p 1-10, Jan. 2010.
- Schmitt, E., Idowu, P., Morales, A. W., (2010). "Applications of Wavelets in Induction Machine Fault Detection," Ingeniare. Chilean Journal of Engineering. Universidad de Tarapacá, 18(2), 2010.
- Idowu, P., Root, C., (2010). “Real-Time Motor Current Signature Analysis Tool for Undergraduate Laboratory,” Computer Applications in Engineering Education, v 18, n 4, p 634-9, Dec. 2010.
- Idowu, P., Omer, M., (2009). “Visualization aids for power system computations,” Computers in Education Journal, v 19, n 2, p 72-80, 2009.
- Ciocci, R. C., Cottrell, D., Idowu, P. (2005). “Engineering Technology Graduates Keep Pace with Their Engineering Colleagues to Succeed in a Master of Engineering Program,” ASEE - Journal of Engineering Technology, v 22(2). p 46-51.
- Idowu, P. (2004). “In search of a perfect power engineering program,” IEEE Transactions on Education, v 47, n 3, p 410-414, 2004.
- Idowu, P. (1999). “Robust neural net-based inverse-model identification of an induction motor,” Electric Machines and Power Systems, v 27, n 5, p 513-525, 1999.
- Idowu, P. (1999). “An Intelligent Data-Acquisition and Control (IDAC) system for energy conversion laboratory,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, v 14, n 2, p 391-396, 1999.
- Idowu, P. (1997). “Fuzzy-polar controller for wind-turbine synchronous generator.” Electric Machines and Power Systems, v 25, n 6, p 677-691, 1997.
- Idowu, P., Ghandakly, A. (1996). “A Discrete-time coordinated adaptive stabilizer for multimachine power systems,” International Journal of Systems Science, v 27, n 7, p 597-604, 1996.
- Idowu, P. (1996). “Fuzzy Speed Regulation of a Wind-Turbine DC Generator,” Journal of Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, v 2(1). p 27-36, 1996.
- Idowu, P., Ghandakly, A. (1994). “A Decentralized MRAC-based PSS for multimachine power systems,” Electric Machines and Power Systems, v 22, n 3, p 423-438, 1994.
- Ghandakly, A., Idowu, P. (1990). “Design of a model reference adaptive stabilizer for the exciter and governor loops of power generators,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, v 5, n 3, p 887-893, 1990.
- Ghandakly, A., Idowu, P. (1989). “Design of a robust linear optimal regulator for synchronous generator excitation control,” Electric Machines and Power Systems, v 16, n 5, p 319-330, 1989.
M.S.; Ph.D. (Toledo); P.E.
- +1 717 948 6347
- C114 Olmsted Building