Operators declared an alert at Three Mile Island 10/5, just before 10 p.m. A small fire was extinguished. There was no impact to the safety of the public or the plant. Additional information available from PennLive.com.
Heidi Abbey Moyer, M.A., M.L.S.
Ms. Moyer, archivist and humanities reference librarian at the Penn State Harrisburg Library, has nearly twenty years of experience working for academic libraries in Connecticut and Pennsylvania. She holds a B.A. in art history and biology from Juniata College, an M.A. in art history from the University of Maryland at College Park, and an M.L.S. with a specialization in archives and records management, from the University at Albany, S.U.N.Y. Prior to joining the faculty at The Pennsylvania State University Libraries in 2006, Ms. Moyer worked for twelve years at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, CT, as an art information professional and as UConn's first Digital Collections Librarian in Archives & Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center.
- American Studies Association (ASA)
- Association of College Libraries of Central PA (ACLCP)
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC)
- Motherhood Initiative for Research & Community Involvement (MIRCI)
- Society of American Archivists (SAA)
- Advocacy and outreach for archives, special collections, and museums
- Archives and special collections
- Art and museum librarianship
- Digital collections, digital curation, and preservation
- History of children's book illustration and literature
- Motherhood in American popular culture
- Nuptial iconography in ancient Greek vase painting
- Sustainability in archives and libraries
- Women's studies in digital archives
Publications and Research
- Moyer, Heidi Abbey. (Forthcoming, Spring 2016). Penn State Harrisburg. The Campus History Series. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (2015). "Results of the MAS Membership Survey 2014." Museum Archivist: Newsletter of the Museum Archives Section. Vol. 25.1: 3-4.
- Abbey, Heidi N. and Jennie Thomas. (2014). "From the Co-Chairs." Museum Archivist: Newsletter of the Museum Archives Section. Vol. 24.2: 1-2.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (2013). "Three Mile Island, Three Decades Later. Case Study Three: The People and Perspectives of Middletown, Pennsylvania." Exhibits in Archives and Special Collections Libraries. Ed. Jessica Lacher-Feldman. Chicago, IL: Society of American Archivists, 142-149.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (2013). "Preserving Digital Content." Jump-Start Your Career as a Digital Librarian: A LITA Guide. Ed. Jane Monson. Chicago, IL: Neal-Schuman, an imprint of the American Library Association, 197-214.
- Abbey, Heidi N. and Jennie Thomas. (2013). "Meet the Incoming Co-Chairs---Jennie Thomas & Heidi N. Abbey." Museum Archivist: Newsletter of the Museum Archives Section. Vol. 23.2: 2-3.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (2012). "The Green Archivist: A Primer for Adopting Affordable, Environmentally Sustainable, and Socially Responsible Archival Management Practices." Archival Issues 34.2: 91-115.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (2012). "Does a Decade Make a Difference? Comparing the Web Presence of North American Art Museum Libraries and Archives in 1999 and 2011." Art Libraries Journal (ARLIS/UK & Ireland) 37.3: 34-40.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (2012). "Calling All Bloggers! MARAC Joins the Blogosphere." The Mid-Atlantic Archivist (MAA) 41.1: 19.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (2012). "Celebrating Women All Year Long: The Alice Marshall Women's History Collection at Penn State Harrisburg's Archives and Special Collections." InterView 6.13: 2.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (Accepted 2010). "Fertility." Encyclopedia of American Women's History. Ed. Dr. Hasia Diner. New York: Facts On File, Inc.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (Accepted 2010). "Infertility." Encyclopedia of American Women's History. Ed. Dr. Hasia Diner. New York: Facts On File, Inc.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (Accepted 2007). "Marriage." Women in American History: An Encyclopedia. Ed. Dr. Hasia Diner. New York, NY: Facts On File, Inc.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (2006). "Appreciating Frederick Matzow's Art." Frederick Matzow (1861-1938): Meriden's Artist-in-Residence. Eds. Heidi N. Abbey and David and Agnes Baur. Windsor, CT: Bizhub Image Center, 29-38.
- Abbey, Heidi N. (2002). "Art Through the Ages Online: An Evaluative Webliography of Art and Art History Timelines." Art Libraries Journal (ARLIS/UK & Ireland) 27.2: 5-7.
- Abbey, Heidi N. and Kathleen R. Labadorf. (2001). "Digital Collections Online (DCO): Find the Resources You Need Fast!" Internet Librarian 2001: Proceedings of the Fifth Internet Librarian Conference. Medford, NJ: Information Today, Inc., 1-5.
B.A.; M.A.; M.L.S. (S.U.N.Y, Albany)
- +1 717 948 6056
- 0110 Library And Classroom