Esfakur Rahman, Ph.D.
Dr. Rahman has received his BS in Materials and Metallurgy from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) and MS in Advanced Materials Engineering from Kongju National University (S Korea). He has joined Penn State Harrisburg in August 2013 after receiving his PhD in May 2013 from the University of North Dakota. His research includes processing of ceramic materials (MS), and Transient Liquid Phase Diffusion Bonding of Metallic Alloys (PhD).
- Association for Iron and Steel Technology (AIST)
- American Ceramic Society (ACERS)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS)
- Physical Metallurgy
- Joining of alloys
- Structural Ceramics and Bioceramic
- Corrosion Fatigue of light alloy
- Light alloy
- Ceramics Matrix Composite (CMC)
- ME 461 – Finite Elements in Engineering
- MET 417 – Finite Element Analysis
- MET 358 – Engineering Process Design
- IET 321 – Manufacturing Processes
- EDSGN 100/100S – Introduction to Engineering Design
- ME 465 – Manufacturing Labs
- MET 448 – Mechanical Engineering Technology Lab B
Publications and Research
- Interface microstructure and strength of TLP bonded stainless steel, under review in Acta Metallurgica Sinica.
- AHME Rahman, MN Cavalli, Diffusion bonding of commercially pure Ni using Cu interlayer, Mater. Character. 69 (2012) 90 – 96.
- AHME Rahman, MN Cavalli, Diffusion bonding of commercially pure Fe using Cu and Au-12Ge interlayer, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 545 (2012) 6– 12.
- AHME Rahman, MN Cavalli, Strength and microstructure of diffusion bonded titanium usingsilver and copper inter layer, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 527 (2010) 5189–5193.
- AHME Rahman, M Kim, JH Kim, BT Lee, Fabrication of seven cells in single tubular solid oxide fuel cell using multi-pass extrusion process, Ceram. Int., 36 (2010) 1577–1580.
- AHME Rahman, S Islam, JH Kim, BT Lee, Fabrication and characterization of t-ZrO2 supported small tubular SOFC, Journal of the Ceramic Society of Japan, 117 (10) (2009) 1131-1133.
- HY Song, AHME Rahman, BT Lee, Fabrication of calcium phosphate-calcium sulfate injectable bone substitute using chitosan and citric Acid, J. Mater Sci.: Materials in Medicine, 20 (2009) 935-941.
- AHME Rahman, JH Kim, KH Lee, BT Lee, Microstructure characterization and electrical conductivity of electroless nano Ni coated 8YSZ cermets, Surf. Coat. Technol, 202 (2008) 2182- 2188.
- BT Lee, KH Kim, AHME Rahman, HY S, Microstructures and mechanical properties of spark plasma sintered Al2O3-Co composites using electroless deposited Al2O3-Co powders, Materials Transactions, 49 (9) (2008) 1451-1455.
- K.C. Byun, AHME Rahman, J.H. Kim and B.T. Lee, In-Situ fabrication of micro-channeled multi tubular solid oxide fuel cell using multi-pass extrusion process, Korean J. Mater. Res. Vol. 17, No. 6 (2007).
- BT Lee, AHME Rahman, JH Kim, Novel design of microchanneled tubular solid oxide fuel cells and synthesis using a multipass extrusion process, J. Am. Ceram. Soc, 90 (2007) 1921-1925.
B.S.; M.S.; Ph.D. (UND)
- +1 717 948 6576
- W239j Olmsted Building