Catherine A. McCormick, M.A.
Catherine A. McCormick earned a M.A. in Humanities and a bachelor’s degree in Communications from Penn State. She has been an instructor of Communications and Humanities at Penn State Harrisburg since 2007. She regularly teaches courses in audio production, cinema art, writing for the media and public speaking.
Prior to joining the faculty at Penn State Harrisburg, McCormick taught for both York College and HACC in York. Formerly, she served as Director of Communications for JPL Productions in Harrisburg and for six years as an Education Coordinator for Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh. She has also worked as a journalist, a photographer, a freelance Communications professional, a non-profit administrator and an arts entrepreneur.
- The history and practice of cinematic sound design
- Focus on the people who develop, teach and practice this art, and the way this aspect of cinema both comes from— and contributes to—popular culture in the United States.
- CAS 100: Effective Speech
- COMM150: Art of the Cinema
- COMM230W: Writing for the Media
- COMM374: Audio Production
- COMM436: Advanced Audio Production
B.A; M.A. (Penn State)
- +1 717 948 4355
- W005h Olmsted Building