A. Patricia Aguilera Hermida, D.Ed.
Dr. Patty Aguilera is a lecturer of Human Development and Family Studies. She earned her doctorate in Lifelong Learning and Adult Education at The Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Aguilera holds a M.S. in Psychology, and completed a residency in Marriage and Family Therapy. She has been teaching since 1995 at the graduate and undergraduate level. In addition to her teaching, Dr. Aguilera worked as a clinical therapist and supervisor, and created a school for older adults in Mexico.
Her research has most recently focused on topics related to older adults such as education for senior citizens, ageism, community well-being, and strategies to promote cognitive health. One of her passions is neuroplasticity.
- HDFS 239 Adolescent Development
- HDFS 249 Adult Development and Aging
- HDFS 301 Values and Ethics in Health and Human Development Professions
- HDFS 395C Professional Practicum in Human Services
- HDFS 402 Human Services Seminar
- HDFS 433 Transition to Adulthood
- HDFS 434 Perspectives on Aging
- PSYCH 100 Introductory Psychology
D.Ed. (Penn State University)
- W319 Olmsted Building