Penn State Harrisburg, in coordination with local and regional agencies, will conduct an emergency preparedness exercise in its library, on Friday, September 30 starting at 9:00 a.m. The library will be closed to the public between 7:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Follow the schedule and instructions outlined below for your student status. REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL TUITION AND FEES ARE PAID. Payment may be made by cash, money order, or personal check.
When to Register for Courses
Refer to the Academic Calendar for the appropriate semester for registration dates and deadlines.
Registration Instructions for Degree Students
- Meet with your adviser and plan your course schedule. New Penn State students must arrange to obtain a University ID card. Photo IDs will be taken in E-122, Olmsted Building, during regular office hours. An ID card is required for library privileges.
- Internet registration is available using eLion. Login with your user ID and password and proceed to registration.
Undergraduate students who interrupted continuous degree enrollment must complete a Re-enrollment Request Form prior to registration. The following options are available:
- Complete the Re-enrollment Request Form, then print and mail it to Penn State Harrisburg, Academic Records Office, 777 W. Harrisburg Pike, Middletown, PA 17057 or send as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Call the Academic Records Office at (717) 948-6020 to request a form.
After your re-enrollment has been processed and finalized, create a Friends of Penn State Account and then follow steps 1 and 2 above.
- If you are a graduate student and have missed two consecutive semesters, you must complete a Resume Study form and be approved through the office of your major prior to registration. If you missed just one semester, please contact Enrollment Services at (717) 948-6020.
Registration Instructions for Non-degree Students
New Non-degree Graduate
- New Nondegree Graduate students must complete a Friends of Penn State Account prior to registration.
- After the Friends of Penn State Account has been established, visit the Graduate School Admissions and Program Information Portal and follow the instructions for Non-Degree Applicants. Use your user ID and password to log into the Graduate School On-Line Application. Allow 24 hours for the application to be processed.
- After 24 hours, you may register on eLion using your Friends of Penn State Account user ID and password created in Step 1.
New Non-degree Undergraduate
- New Nondegree Undergraduate students must complete a Nondegree Application Form prior to registration. The following options are available:
- After the Undergraduate Nondegree Application has been processed, you may create a Friends of Penn State Account and register online using eLion.
Returning Non-degree (Undergraduate or Graduate)
If you were enrolled last semester, you may register online using eLion.
Registering in Person
Some students may require special handling for registration. Manual registration may be done in the Enrollment Services/Academic Records Office, Swatara Building.
PART-TIME STUDENTS: To change billing and financial aid status for a total schedule of less than 12 credits, follow other automated registration instructions or contact Financial Aid or the Bursar.