Health Immunization Requirements
- Immunizations offer safe and effective protection from vaccine-preventable diseases
- The United States is experiencing re-emergence of many diseases, in part due to factors such as non-immunized and under-immunized persons as well as global travel to areas where these diseases are common
- University Health Services of the Pennsylvania State University strongly supports the use of vaccines to protect the health of our individual students and our campus community.
Additional immunization information and submission requirements can be found here
Should you have any questions about completing the online form, please call Immunization & Medical Records at (814) 865-2398 or Student Health Services at Penn State Harrisburg (717) 948-6015.
- Immunization Requirements are required for all incoming Penn State Students
- Please have these fulfilled prior to the start of classes
- Students are required to turn in their Immunization Forms only once, not yearly
- If a student moves to on-campus housing, please be advised, they will need to provide proof of the Meningitis (MCV4) vaccine, if they have not already done so previously
- Please check your LionPath for any holds which may be incurred.
- For any questions, please stop by or call Student Health Services at: (717) 948-6015.
- Adequate health insurance provides students with security and an enhanced sense of well-being during their time at Penn State
- All full time students will be required to upload their insurance information via LionPath, on an annual basis
- To complete this requirement, students should visit the LionPATH Health Insurance page after registering for classes to (waive) provide details about your current insurance policy or you have the option to (enroll) purchase the Penn State Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
- The health insurance bill will be combined with your tuition bill, if you choose to purchase it
- If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to Student Health Services or the Student Health Insurance office at University Park.
- Students who do not currently have adequate coverage on or near the campus they attend, are strongly encouraged to enroll in the Penn State SHIP.
- The Penn State SHIP, designed specifically for students, by students, offers comprehensive health insurance at a competitive price with a wide network of providers across the United States.
- Penn State offers students, spouses and dependents the opportunity to purchase health insurance.
- Be aware that the plan is NOT full-coverage insurance
- There are specific limits to the policy regarding how you receive benefits and the amount of reimbursement. It is the responsibility of each insured to understand the policy
- Penn State requires international students, their spouses and dependents, graduate assistants and fellows to demonstrate that they have health insurance. More information is available online or call the Student Insurance Office at (814) 865-7467
For more information, visit the Health Insurance page on the University Health Services website.