Golden Opportunity for people 60 years of age or older
The GO-60 program through Penn State Harrisburg offers tuition-free courses to those who meet eligibility requirements. GO-60 students will experience courses of interest alongside undergraduate students and may register to take the courses for credit or audit. Students can schedule up to six credits on a space available basis. A tuition waiver is provided for enrollment of up to six credits (300 level and below) each semester. Students are assessed an information technology fee.
- GO-60 students must be at least 60 years old.
- They must be retired or working no more than 20 hours a week.
- They must be Pennsylvania residents.
How to enroll in GO-60
- All GO-60 students must complete and submit the Undergraduate Non-degree Enrollment Form to the Penn State Harrisburg Registrar’s Office in person, by mail, e-mail, or fax.
It is important to note that you must complete and submit the Undergraduate Non-degree Enrollment Form no later than the Friday two (2) weeks before classes begin.
- After the Undergraduate Non-degree Enrollment form is processed, you will receive two e-mails from PSU LionPATH.
- The first e-mail gives you a PSU Access ID and guides you through creating a password.
- The second e-mail directs you to log in to the LionPATH Student Center.
- Once in LionPATH, click on “Undergraduate Students.”
- Next click on the yellow box that indicates, “Log in to LionPATH Student Center.”
- Agree to the “Consent to do Business Online.” If you do not agree, you will not be able to do anything in LionPATH.
- The “To-Do List” box will have the actions you need to complete:
- Preregistration Activity Guide.
- Financial Responsibility Agreement.
Registering for Classes
Once the above steps have been completed, you are now ready to register for your class(es).
- One week before the start of the semester, use "Class Search" on LionPath to view the list of available classes. GO-60 students can select classes from 001 through 399.
- After you have selected your class, you must report in person to the Registrar’s Office in order to register. This is to ensure that your record is coded for GO-60 and you receive the tuition waiver.
Important note: You cannot register for a class if you owe any outstanding balances to the University. This includes parking tickets, library fines, tuition, or any other fees.
- Log in to LionPATH to pay your student information technology fee. Any unpaid balances will accrue a monthly 1.5% late fee.
If you need assistance completing any of the above tasks within LionPATH, please contact the Penn State Harrisburg Registrar’s Office at [email protected].