Olmsted Abatement and Renovations, Summer 2022
Olmsted rooms W210/W210A. Abatement will begin Sunday, May 8, 6pm and be completed by May 11. Followed by room utility improvements and basic renovations with East Coast performing the renovations and installation. This project is to be completed by August 5, 2022.
Olmsted C211. Abatement will begin May 11 and will be completed by May 14, 2022. This space is being renovated by OPP this summer and will be return to functioning as a classroom for the 2022 Fall Semester.
All remaining Olmsted tiled hallways will be abated during this summer. That includes:
- the first floor West and Northwest corridors
- the second floor West and Northwest corridors
- the 2nd floor East and Northeast corridors
All abatement work will occur during weekends only, to minimally impact campus activities.
OPP will be performing the renovations of the hallways with first floor West being done during the Fall 22 semester, 2nd floor West work being done during the Spring 23 semester, and the 2nd floor East being done over the summer of 23.
Abatement schedule for the 6 hallway segments:
- 6PM Friday May 13th to 7 AM Monday May 16th --- First floor Northwest hallway and restroom lobby
- 6PM Friday May 20th to 7 AM Monday May 23rd --- First floor West hallway
- 6PM Friday June 3rd to 7 AM Monday June 6th --- Second floor Northwest hallway, restroom lobby, and W225
- 6PM Friday June 10th to 7 AM Monday June 13th --- Second floor West hallway
- 6PM Friday June 17th to 7 AM Monday June 20th --- Second floor Northeast hallway and restroom lobby
- 6PM Friday June 24th to 7 AM Monday June 27th --- Second floor East hallway
NOTE: During each of the weekend dates listed, those areas of the hallway will be inaccessible. Please plan for not having access to your office space for the weekend that will impact your area of the Olmsted building.
Additional OPP projects for Summer 2022:
- Olmsted W225 classroom is being converted to office space for SSET and is expected to be finished in time for the Fall 22 semester.
- Olmsted W117 classroom will be converted to a computer lab (to replace W225) and will be functional by the start of the Fall 22 semester.
- SEC 201N is being converted to office space and is expected to be finished by the middle of July.