Purpose of Award
To recognize staff for extraordinary service to the College.
All Penn State Harrisburg staff members (full- or part-time), other than those serving in an administrative capacity, who have been employed continuously for a minimum of three years. Previous recipients will not be eligible for a period of five years.
Nominations may be submitted by students, faculty, administrators, staff, parents, and friends of Penn State Harrisburg no later than the deadline, as posted on the Faculty and Staff Awards page. The nominee, who should be notified promptly of the nomination, will supply all the appropriate supporting material to the Chancellor’s Office.
Description of the Award
The staff service award will consist of a $500 check and a framed certificate. The award will be presented at the annual Faculty/Staff Awards Convocation or an appropriate public ceremony.
Composition of the Awards Committee
The awards committee will consist of last year’s winner of the award, the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Director of Student Services, SGA President, and various unit heads.
Evaluation of nominees will be made based on demonstration of the following criteria for extraordinary service:
- Service that is in addition to duties of the position, evident over a period of time
- Direct service to identifiable College constituencies OR service to the external community, rendered on the College’s behalf, that brings special recognition to the College
- Beneficial impact evident to the campus community
Nominations will be reviewed by the Staff Award Committee, which will make recommendations to the Chancellor. If the committee believes that none of the nominees meets the criteria for the award, the committee may recommend that no award be presented. There is no requirement that the award be presented annually.
Each nominee should provide sufficient supporting material for the committee to evaluate. Such material should include at least the following information:
- A nomination form detailing how the nominee’s extraordinary service meets the criteria for this award
- No more than three (3) supporting letters
- Personal statement of the nominee describing his/her service activities and how it benefits the College