This program is currently on hold at Penn State Harrisburg; it is not accepting new applications.
The Doctor of Education program in Lifelong Learning and Adult Education inspires graduates to achieve their best as scholars and practitioners. With the knowledge and skills gained in this program, graduates make a difference in the world by enhancing adult learners’ capacities as innovative teachers, researchers, leaders and change agents across a variety of nonformal and formal educational settings.
We seek applicants who have a deep interest and appreciation for:
- a multiplicity of ideas and perspectives
- creative and novel approaches to teaching and learning,
- multiple ways people make meaning and create new knowledge,
- diversity and equity issues in education
- a strong commitment for the role of science, applied research, and theory in informing practice.
Graduates of the Lifelong Learning and Adult Education program will experience a cohort-based program that fosters:
- a community of practice rooted in collaborative peer learning,
- immersive experiential activities,
- learner-centered projects,
- scholarly research on teaching, learning, and social justice issues that face adult populations, and
- faculty highly committed to graduate academic success and personal growth.
Degree Conferred: D.Ed.