C-3. Use of the Penn State Harrisburg Scholars' Apartments
To establish guidelines for the operation and management of the Scholars' Apartments.
A. Management of the Apartments
- The Office of Physical Plant at Penn State Harrisburg is responsible for the administration, scheduling, housekeeping, and billing for the Scholars' Apartments.
- The sponsoring department is responsible for reservations, payment of rental fees, and the cost of damages incurred.
B. Guidelines for the Use of the Apartments
The following guidelines govern the use of the Scholars' Apartments, which are available to provide comfortable lodging for Penn State Harrisburg's guests. Examples of the various classes of visitors or employees eligible to use the apartments include visiting scholars, candidates for faculty or administrative positions, entertainers performing at student events, instructors from other campuses, and other University guests. The following persons are authorized to use the Scholars' Apartments:
- Individuals with a direct relationship to Penn State;
- Individuals whose visits are subsidized by a Penn State budget;
- Individuals who are employed by Penn State or representing other Penn State locations and whose stay is related to the conduct of University business;
- Individuals who are deemed appropriate by Penn State Department Heads;
- Individuals visiting for educational or business purposes whose visits have been approved by the Senior Associate Dean.
- Individuals requesting visit for longer than 3-day stay must have approval from the Chancellor’s Office.
- Apartment usage by Penn State employees for personal use is discouraged.
C. Rental Rates
- Apartment rental rates will be adjusted annually and will be effective for the fiscal year.
- 2011-2012 Academic year rate will be $35.00 per night
- Billing for Penn State guests (Penn State University budgets) will be processed monthly via direct billing.
E. General Rules and Reservation Practices
- Contact for reservations and apartment availability is the Office of Physical Plant Staff Assistant in charge of apartment rentals.
- Reservations are made via phone to the Office of Physical Plant Staff Assistant, or by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Key pick-up is at the Office of Continuing Education between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. weekdays.
- Checkout time is 11:00 a.m. Guests may leave the key in the apartment and lock the door at final departure.
- Apartments are cleaned between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Damages to the apartments caused by guests will be billed to the budget sponsoring the guests.
- The campus administration reserves the right to adjust apartment reservation based on campus priorities. Notice of changes of apartment availability will be given to the sponsoring department.
- Cancellation of a reservation must be given at least two days in advance by the sponsoring department.
- Additional information for guests may be found in each apartment in the "Scholars' Apartments Reference Guide."
Approved: Academic Council April 1, 2003
Revisions: Academic Council April 8, 2009; July 18, 2011