Our custodial staff is on duty 24 hours a day 7 days a week, working hard to keep our campus clean and looking great. They are responsible for cleaning all of the buildings on our campus.
Special requests for cleaning need to be put through the Maximo/SuiteReq workorder system.
Penn State Harrisburg’s grounds crew consists of devoted employees who work hard to keep our campus looking good. Their job consists of planting, mowing, raking leaves, trimming trees, and sweeping streets. They are also responsible for snow removal on our streets and sidewalks.
Part of our grounds crew is responsible for set-ups for university functions.
They do office moves, and handle large deliveries.
University employees are expected to abide by University Policy SY-19 regarding keys and access. The Access Coordinator at Penn State Harrisburg is the Director of Business Services, Office of Physical Plant.
- Employees must return their keys at the end of employment.
- Approval to obtain a key is the responsibility of the department manager or director.
- Lost keys should be reported immediately to Safety and Police Services.
Penn State Harrisburg is working to provide a good recycling program on our campus. Containers are provided on our campus to recycle paper, glass and plastic. We also provide containers for recycling paper and cardboard. Please use these containers to help us recycle and save our environment.
Office of Physical Plant provides room setups for functions on our campus. Any questions concerning room setups, please call Office of Physical Plant at 948-6235.
Room Setup Form
- A room setup form (pdf) needs to be completed, as well as a form through the Maximo/SuiteReq workorder system.
- It is required that we receive a room setup request at least 2 weeks in advance of the event.
Setups for Functions for External Groups
All external (non-Penn State Harrisburg) organizations need to submit a request for use of campus facilities.
- For events involving outdoor athletic facilities, use the Athletic Facility Request Form.
- For all other facilities, use the Facility Request Form administered by Continuing Education.
- All external groups' functions on campus will be charged for set-ups.
- All requests are subject to approval; submission of the request form should not be considered an approval for use of facilities and/or services.
Penn State Harrisburg’s utilities crew is responsible for all of our utilities, taking care of electric, street lighting, plumbing, gas, heat, and air conditioning to keep our students and faculty comfortable.