Students join business honor society
Forty-six students from Penn State Harrisburg’s School of Business Administration recently were inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma, the international honor society that recognizes students in the top 10 percent of baccalaureate and top 20 percent of graduate programs at schools accredited by AACSB International – the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
The Penn State Harrisburg Beta Gamma Sigma chapter also named Susan M. Steadman, director of finance and administration at the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, a distinguished honoree. Steadman holds a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering from Penn State and a master’s degree in business administration from Penn State Harrisburg. She resides in Hummelstown, Pa.
Previously, Steadman served as vice president of continuous improvement for The Hershey Company. She contributed to the company in supply chain roles for 29 years, holding management titles in industrial engineering, production planning, finance, and forecasting. She is a member of the Council of Industrial Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University Service Enterprise Engineering Advisory Board, the ABET Industry Advisory Board, and the Hershey Rotary Club. Also, she is the past president of the Institute of Industrial Engineering. Steadman was awarded the Penn State Outstanding Engineering Alumnus Award in 2006.
The chapter presented Dr. Roderick Lee, Penn State Harrisburg assistant professor of information systems, of Harrisburg, Pa., with its Professor of the Year Award. The award is open to Penn State Harrisburg School of Business Administration faculty who are members of Beta Gamma Sigma. The chapter votes to select the year’s recipient.
The society also inducted Indrit Hoxha, Penn State Harrisburg assistant professor of economics, of Mount Joy, Pa.
Graduate student inductees:
- Ali Aun Al Abdulwahab, Qatif, Saudi Arabia
- Gregory D. Biesecker, New Cumberland, Pa.
- Nathan C. Brown, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Christopher L. Conover, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Ryan M. Curran, Lancaster, Pa.
- Rosa Emanato, Shippensburg, Pa.
- David R. Fry, Hanover, Pa.
- Michael Herr, Lancaster, Pa.
- Nathan K. Hoover, Lancaster, Pa.
- Yifan Huang, Mechanicsburg, Pa.
- Matthew Evan Linskie, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Fang Liu, Middletown, Pa.
- Peter A. Machado, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Sherry L. Mettley, Palmyra, Pa.
- Anne L. Parmer, Hummelstown, Pa.
- Brian Roadarmel, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Brian R. Rusignuolo, New Cumberland, Pa.
- Scott N. Savage, Mount Joy, Pa.
- Jeremy W. Selfridge, Mountville, Pa.
- Ravi Kumar Reddy Singareddy, Hummelstown, Pa.
- Robert L. Smith, Mechanicsburg, Pa.
- Richard J. Sopko, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Christian W. Sprenkle, York, Pa.
- Benjamin H. Tiedgen, Mechanicsburg, Pa.
- Amanda J. Treppmann, Lancaster, Pa.
Undergraduate student inductees:
- Ellika A. Angelo, Middletown, Pa.
- Theodora Avramidis, Middletown, Pa.
- Anna S. Borisik, Palmyra, Pa.
- Deborah L. Cash, Mechanicsburg, Pa.
- Robert W. Douglas, Shillington, Pa.
- Tawanda Elliott-Peterson, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Jaclyn R. Glessner, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Joshua L. Hahn, East Earl, Pa.
- Brittany Rae Hughes, New Cumberland, Pa.
- Nicholas Jones, Minersville, Pa.
- Jonathan D. Lahr, Marysville, Pa.
- Issoufou Moumouni, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Mary Honglan Thi Nguyen, Palmyra, Pa.
- Ny Bich Pham, York, Pa.
- Lindsey M. Roaten, Mount Joy, Pa.
- Andrew R. Russell, Columbia, Pa.
- Courtney S. Small, Baltimore, Pa.
- Yu Suzuki, Middletown, Pa.
- Lauren A. Swartz, Dillsburg, Pa.
- Meike Wijaya, Hummelstown, Pa.
- Regina M. Wirfel, Mechanicsburg, Pa.