Students join business honor society
Forty-five students from Penn State Harrisburg’s School of Business Administration recently were inducted in Beta Gamma Sigma, an international honors society that recognizes students in the top 10 percent of baccalaureate and top 20 percent of graduate programs at schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International.
The Penn State Harrisburg Beta Gamma Sigma chapter also named college alum Robert M. Scaer, president and chief operating officer of Gannett Fleming, Inc., a distinguished honoree. Scaer holds a bachelor of science in civil engineering from Purdue University and a Master of Business Administration from Penn State Harrisburg.
Previously, Scaer served as chief information officer of the Harrisburg-based Gannett Fleming, and president of GeoDecisions, a division of the international construction-management firm. He is a charter member of the American Society of Civil Engineers and a member of its Industry Leaders Council. He also serves on boards of Penn State’s Information Sciences and Technology program, the Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania, and the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
The society also inducted Dinesh R. Pai, assistant professor of supply chain management.
Graduate Student Inductees:
- Darren Andrew Blakemore, York
- Allen Michael Brewer, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Michael Jason Bruckart, Hanover
- Michael Stewart Carter, Lancaster
- Roy Davis, Middletown
- Kevin P. Deaner, Lebanon
- Sunil Manubhai Desai, Mechanicsburg
- Jared Chad Fly, Souderton
- Helen Sue Frey, Manheim
- Jessica Volpe Gerhard, Sinking Spring
- David Lee Gill, Mechanicsburg
- Michael James Hilbert, Hummelstown
- Dorothy Sally Hildebrand, Toledo, Ohio
- Stephen James Mannila, Silverdale, Wash.
- Brian Maydick, Staten Island, N.Y.
- Jeffrey Grant Morgan, New Cumberland
- Daniel Raymond Pietropola, Hummelstown
- Stephanie J. Reisinger, Etters
- Daren Steven Russ, Harrisburg
- Joseph Paul Skolnicki, Camp Hill
- Timothy John Waros, Harrisburg
- Andrew James Warren, Hershey
- Jesse Paul Weaver, Mechanicsburg
- Megan Marie Young, Mechanicsburg
Undergraduate Student Inductees:
- Joseph S. Boyd, Mifflintown
- Brooke N. Bramwell, Mechanicsburg
- Robert John Dicello, Jr., Pottsville
- Michael Joseph Dipietro, Marietta
- Darla Eager, Mechanicsburg
- Karen Angeline Gerena, Mount Bethel
- Jennifer Guzman, Lebanon
- Christian Lewis Malehorn, Manchester
- Shaun Timothy McFarland, Harrisburg
- Andrew Ellis Myers, Etters
- Petra Jade Nehrt, Dillsburg
- Emily Ann Padjen, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Lauren Elizabeth Puchalsky, Mechanicsburg
- Timothy Michael Rau, Dallastown
- William Kenneth Richard, Mechanicsburg
- Emily Carolyn Righter, York
- Peter Rajkumar Sharma, Harrisburg
- Anh Viet Tran, Camp Hill
- Danae Deanne Turner, Sioux Falls, S.Dak.
- Chi-Che Weng, Middletown
- Tiffany Lynn Young, Mechanicsburg