Penn State Harrisburg, in coordination with local and regional agencies, will conduct an emergency preparedness exercise in its library, on Friday, September 30 starting at 9:00 a.m. The library will be closed to the public between 7:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Faculty, staff award winners recognized at ceremony - 2011
Penn State Harrisburg presented faculty and staff awards at the 2011 Faculty and Staff Recognition Program, March 31 in the Capital Union Building Student Center.
Award recipients included:
- Edward W. Taylor, Professor of Adult Education, Award for Research/Scholarly Activity;
- Roderick Lee, Assistant Professor of Information Systems, Faculty Service Award;
- Richard C. Ciocci, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Excellence in Teaching Award;
- Richard Fiene, Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Studies, Excellence in Advising Award;
- Lisa Hipkins, Staff Assistant for Math and Computer Science, Staff Service Award;
- Dorothy E. King, Assistant Professor of Sociology, Faculty Diversity Award;
- Mary Ann Sim, Staff Assistant for the School of Behavioral Sciences and Education, Staff Diversity Award; and
- Toni Chainey, Staff Assistant for Information Technology Services, Kathryn Towns Women’s History Month Award.
The ceremony also recognized retiring employees and those who have completed 25 years of service to the University.
Retiring employees included:
- Food Service Worker John J. Cavanaugh,
- Information Resource and Services Support Specialist Gloria Jean Clouser,
- Administrative Support Assistant Sallie Evans,
- Lead Carpenter Ron Livingston,
- Staff Psychologist Linda E. Meashey,
- Professor and Director of Teacher Education Steven Melnick,
- Staff Assistant Janice M. Russ,
- Professor of Biology Howard G. Sachs,
- Staff Assistant Daria Sessamen,
- Administrative Support Assistant Patricia Souders,
- Assistant Director of Admissions Andrea R. Williard, and
- Senior Research Associate Judith Zaenglein
Employees who were recognized for completing 25-years of service included:
- Interim Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Electrical Engineering Omid Ansary,
- Associate Professor of Humanities and History Louise E. Hoffman (posthumous),
- Senior Director of Student Services Donald R. Holtzman,
- Chancellor and Professor of Finance Mukund S. Kulkarni,
- Associate Professor of Engineering Seroj Mackertich,
- Administrative Support Coordinator Cynthia M. Morris,
- Carpenter/Plumber/Electrician Alan Nastelli,
- Vehicle and Body Mechanic Olen Parker, and
- Director of Multicultural Recruitment and Community Affairs Barbara A. Thompson.