Faculty, staff award winners recognized at ceremony
Penn State Harrisburg presented faculty and staff awards at the 2011 Faculty and Staff Recognition Program, March 31 in the Capital Union Building Student Center.
Award recipients included:
- Professor of Adult Education Edward W. Taylor, Award for Research/Scholarly Activity;
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems Roderick Lee, Faculty Service Award;
- Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering Richard C. Ciocci, Excellence in Teaching Award;
- Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Studies Richard Fiene, Excellence in Advising Award;
- Staff Assistant for Math and Computer Science Lisa Hipkins, Staff Service Award;
- Assistant Professor of Sociology Dorothy E. King, Faculty Diversity Award;
- Staff Assistant for the School of Behavioral Sciences and Education Mary Ann Sim, Staff Diversity Award; and
- Staff Assistant for Information Technology Services Toni Chainey, Kathryn Towns Women’s History Month Award.
The ceremony also recognized retiring employees and those who have completed 25 years of service to the University.
Retiring employees included: Food Service Worker John J. Cavanaugh, Information Resource and Services Support Specialist Gloria Jean Clouser, Administrative Support Assistant Sallie Evans, Lead Carpenter Ron Livingston, Staff Psychologist Linda E. Meashey, Professor and Director of Teacher Education Steven Melnick, Staff Assistant Janice M. Russ, Professor of Biology Howard G. Sachs, Staff Assistant Daria Sessamen, Administrative Support Assistant Patricia Souders, Assistant Director of Admissions Andrea R. Williard, and Senior Research Associate Judith Zaenglein.
Employees who were recognized for completing 25-years of service included: Interim Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Electrical Engineering Omid Ansary, Associate Professor of Humanities and History Louise E. Hoffman (posthumous), Senior Director of Student Services DonaldR. Holtzman, Chancellor and Professor of Finance Mukund S. Kulkarni, Associate Professor of Engineering Seroj Mackertich, Administrative Support Coordinator Cynthia M. Morris, Carpenter/Plumber/Electrician Alan Nastelli, Vehicle and Body Mechanic Olen Parker, and Director of Multicultural Recruitment and Community Affairs Barbara A. Thompson.