Faculty and staff recognized at awards ceremony - 2013
Penn State Harrisburg recognized outstanding employee contributions at the 2013 Faculty and Staff Recognition Program on Thursday, March 28. Nominated by the college community and selected by various award committees, several faculty and staff members received awards. View a Flickr slideshow of the winners.
Award recipients included:
- David Witwer (Harrisburg, PA), Associate Professor of American Studies and History, Excellence in Research and Scholarly Activity Award
- Jeremy Blum (Takoma Park, MD), Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Excellence in Teaching Award
- Raymond Gibney, Jr. (Middletown, PA), Assistant Professor of Management, Excellence in Advising Award
- Linda Null (Dillsburg, PA),Associate Professor of Computer Science Faculty Service Award
- Danielle K. Brinser (Elizabethtown, PA), Janitorial Worker, Staff Service Award
- Shivaani A. Selvaraj (Harrisburg, PA), Instructional Designer, Staff Diversity Award
- Felicia Brown-Haywood (Harrisburg, PA), Director of Student Affairs, Kathryn Towns Women’s History Month Award
The ceremony also recognized retiring faculty and staff and those who have completed 25 years of service to the University.
Retirees included: Ganesh P. Bal, Harriet S. Bicksler, Barbara A. Bremer, JoAnne Coleman, Cheryl A. Ebel, Rebecca S. Herring, Karen S. Joseph, Barbara A. Mero, Wayne Mills, Samuel W. Monismith, Martha Sachs, Harold B. Shill, Jerry F. Shoup, Barbara A. Sims, Donna B. Trout, and Ugur Yucelt. Employees recognized for 25 years of service included: Thomas G. Bowers, Katherine P. Eckinger, Kimberly J. Jorich, and Carolee A. Roman.