Faculty and staff recognized at awards ceremony
Penn State Harrisburg recognized outstanding employee contributions at the 2014 Faculty and Staff Recognition Program on March 27. Nominated by the college community and selected by various award committees, several faculty and staff members received awards.
Award recipients included:
- Göktuğ Morçöl (Harrisburg, PA), professor of public administration, School of Public Affairs – Excellence in Research and Scholarly Activity Award
- Shashi Marikunte (Mechanicsburg, PA), senior lecturer in civil engineering, School of Science, Engineering and Technology – Excellence in Teaching Award
- Beverly A. Cigler (Hershey, PA), professor of public administration, School of Public Affairs – Faculty Service Award
- Carol A. McQuiggan (Elizabethtown, PA), instructional designer, Faculty Center for Teaching and Instructional Technology – Staff Service Award
- Martha J. Strickland (Hummelstown, PA), associate professor of education, School of Behavioral Sciences and Education – Faculty Diversity Award
The ceremony also recognized faculty and staff who have completed 25 years of service to the University. They include Beverly A. Cigler, Joseph L. Conaway, Jane B. Keat, Karl L. Martz, Jeremy F. Plant, and Steven M. Royer.
Faculty and staff retirees who were also recognized included: Terence A. Brown, Jennifer C. Dimeler, Clarence Hardaway Jr., Jean E. Harris, Sue A. Hipple, Erick P. Kershner, Cynthia M. Morris, Carolee A. Roman, Ruth Runion-Slear, and Joanna Williams.