Faculty and staff recognized at awards ceremony
Penn State Harrisburg recognized outstanding employee contributions at the 2013 Faculty and Staff Recognition Program on Thursday, March 28. Nominated by the college community and selected by various award committees, several faculty and staff members received awards. View a Flickr slideshow of the winners.
Award recipients included:
- Associate Professor of American Studies and History David Witwer, of Harrisburg, Pa., Excellence in Research and Scholarly Activity Award
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science Jeremy Blum, of Takoma Park, Md., Excellence in Teaching Award
- Assistant Professor of Management Raymond Gibney, Jr., of Middletown, Pa., Excellence in Advising Award
- Associate Professor of Computer Science Linda Null, of Dillsburg, Pa., Faculty Service Award
- Janitorial Worker Danielle K. Brinser, of Elizabethtown, Pa., Staff Service Award
- Instructional Designer Shivaani A. Selvaraj, of Harrisburg, Pa., Staff Diversity Award
- Director of Student Affairs Felicia Brown-Haywood, of Harrisburg, Pa., Kathryn Towns Women’s History Month Award
The ceremony also recognized retiring faculty and staff and those who have completed 25 years of service to the University.
Retirees included: Ganesh P. Bal, Harriet S. Bicksler, Barbara A. Bremer, JoAnne Coleman, Cheryl A. Ebel, Rebecca S. Herring, Karen S. Joseph, Barbara A. Mero, Wayne Mills, Samuel W. Monismith, Martha Sachs, Harold B. Shill, Jerry F. Shoup, Barbara A. Sims, Donna B. Trout, and Ugur Yucelt. Employees recognized for 25 years of service included: Thomas G. Bowers, Katherine P. Eckinger, Kimberly J. Jorich, and Carolee A. Roman.