Faculty and staff recognized at awards ceremony
Penn State Harrisburg recognized outstanding employee contributions at the 2012 Faculty and Staff Recognition Program on Thursday, March 29. Nominated by the college community and selected by various award committees, several faculty and staff members received awards. View a Flickr slideshow of the winners.
Award recipients included:
- Assistant Professor of Biology Sairam V. Rudrabhatla, Excellence in Research and Scholarly Activity Award
- Associate Professor of Education Jane B. Keat, Excellence in Teaching Award
- Associate Professor of Sociology Kamini Maraj Grahame, Excellence in Advising Award and Kathryn Towns Women’s History Month Award
- Associate Professor of Health Education Samuel W. Monismith, Faculty Service Award
- Instructional Designer for the Faculty Center Kristin L. Bittner, Staff Service Award
- Associate Professor of Training and Development Jo A. Tyler, Faculty Diversity Award
- Disability Services Coordinator for Counseling and Disability Services Alan Babcock, Staff Diversity Award
The ceremony also recognized retiring faculty and staff and those who have completed 25 years of service to the University.
Retirees included Helen H. Arnold, Terry L. Bosserman, Rebecca M. Dolan, Terry M. Kelly, Herman L. Manning, Cynthia Z. M. Mara, Linda S. McClure, Carol R. Nechemias, Olen K. Parker, Donald N. Plourde, Winston A. Richards, Cheri L. Ross, and James T. Ziegenfuss, Jr. Employees who have served the University for 25-years included Thomas H. Eberlein, Erdener Kaynak, Edna M. Mercado, and AB Shafaye.