Conserve energy on campus this holiday
The Penn State Harrisburg Office of Physical Plant is asking staff, faculty, and students to help conserve energy resources over the holiday break.
Building temperatures will be reduced starting on the evening of Friday, Dec. 21, 2012 until the morning of Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013. While some heating can be centrally controlled, everyone on campus is asked to do their part by unplugging or turning off equipment as they leave campus.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Shut off all office equipment and lights when you leave. This includes computers, monitors, calculators, printers, copiers, microwaves, and coffee makers. Remember that anything with a digital display consumes energy.
- Unplug iPod, digital camera, and cell phone chargers when not in use.
- Close all office and classroom doors and windows.
- Close blinds to help retain building heat.
- Turn off all heating equipment under your control.
For more information, contact Daniel Barlup, utilities supervisor, email@example.com.