College hosts events recognizing academic research
This news is older than 3 months; page retained for archival purposes only.
Penn State Harrisburg Research Week activities are scheduled April 17-19. Held to celebrate faculty and student creative and scholarly accomplishments from the year, the events are free and open to the public.
Wednesday, April 17
- Noon-1:30 p.m. – Seminar by Dr. David Witwer, associate professor of American studies and history and recipient of the Penn State Harrisburg 2013 Award for Research and Scholarly Activity, “Racketeering the Racketeers: The Reality and Politics Behind the Menace of Labor Racketeering in the 1950s”
4:00-6:00 p.m. – Research Week Reception honoring:
- Student research poster presentations
- Creative accomplishments and published books
- Faculty research and scholarly award recipients
- 2012/13 new grant awardees
- 2012/13 Research Council grant awardees
Thursday, April 18
Friday, April 19
- 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 2:30-4:00 p.m. – 8th Annual Student Symposium
- 1:00-2:30 p.m. – Honors thesis presentations (part 2) – RSVP online.