Awards ceremony recognizes faculty and staff
Penn State Harrisburg recognized outstanding employee contributions at the 2015 Faculty and Staff Recognition Program on March 26. Nominated by the college community and selected by various award committees, several faculty and staff members received awards.
Award recipients included:
- Chiara Sabina (Mechanicsburg, PA), associate professor of social sciences, School of Behavioral Sciences and Education – Excellence in Research and Scholarly Activity Award
- Mary Napoli (Hummelstown, PA), associate professor of reading, School of Behavioral Sciences and Education – Excellence in Teaching Award
- Shirley Clark (Middletown, PA), associate professor of environmental engineering, School of Science, Engineering, and Technology – Excellence in Advising Award
- Catherine A. Rios (Harrisburg, PA), associate professor of communications and humanities, School of Humanities – Faculty Service Award
- Lori Ricard (Harrisburg, PA), administrative support coordinator, School of Science, Engineering, and Technology – Staff Service Award
- Lewis Asimeng-Boahene (Middletown, PA), associate professor of social studies, School of Behavioral Sciences and Education – Faculty Diversity Award
- Carol A. McQuiggan (Elizabethtown, PA), senior instructional designer, Faculty Center for Teaching and Instructional Technology – 2015 Kathryn Towns Women’s History Month Award
The ceremony also recognized faculty and staff who have completed 25 years of service to the University. They include: Y. Frank Chen, Kevin D. Farling, Brenda L. Firestone, Harris E. Imadojemu, and Patricia Johnson.
Faculty and staff retirees who were also recognized included: Michael L. Barton, Diane L. Eagle, Donald Ensor, Edna M. Mercado, William D. Milheim, G. Edward Miller, Vera Mae Piccolo, Allan R. Thal, and Samuel P. Winch.