Location: Olmsted Building, lower level, just outside the Computer Labs and Room 102, Library
The Penn State Harrisburg ITS Student Help Desk is a free service provided for any enrolled students. If you have any questions or problems regarding the technology found on-campus, please feel free to stop by the help desk. Additionally, if you are having any issues with personal devices, such as laptops, phones, or tablets, we can provide assistance.
Residential students: see the "Residence Halls" section lower on this page.
Accounts & Passwords
Please refer to the Accounts and Passwords page.
New Student Guide to Technology at PSH
ITS offers a clean, clear, step-by-step, online Getting Started Guide for new students, specifically targeted towards students at the Harrisburg campus. This should answer most of your questions, and will lead you through the process of activating accounts, getting on Angel, learning about your email, etc.
Kiosk stations are strategically placed around campus in case you need to check email, print something quickly, or perform an online search.
1st Floor Front Lobby
2nd Floor Center Lobby
3rd Floor Center Lobby
|EAB||1st Floor & 2nd Floor|
|Swatara||Lobby at Registrar's Office|
Student lounges are available to students to work on individual projects or in small groups. They offer comfortable seating and a wide range of IT solutions.
C8 - Lower Level
2nd Floor East Lobby
|Library||Cyber Cafe - Open 254x7|
Printing in the Computer Labs
Printing in the Computer Labs is managed through the Classroom and Lab Computing (CLC) organization at University Park. Complete information is available from CLC Printing Services.
Rooms C12-C15 (Basement Labs)
Room W117 (Learning Center)
2nd and 3rd Floor Lobby
Room 102, 106, 108, and 109
Outside Registrar’s Office (Swatara Building)
Room 109 Eng (Engineering Lab)
Rear Lobby (Capital Union Building)
A remote printer is available in the Library Cyber Cafe. This allows you to connect wirelessly from your laptop and print documents.
Notice: Computers running Windows XP are blocked on Penn State networks, as of June 1, 2014. Contact the Student Help Desk for more information.
Wifi is available to students in the Residence Halls. Important notes:
- Use of personal wireless routers are not permitted in wireless buildings.
- Wireless printers, gaming consoles (including hand held), Windows and Blackberry phones, streaming devices like Chromecast, Roku, wireless portions of Apple TV or Time Capsules, and some Nook devices do not have the capabilities to connect to our secured Enterprise wireless networks. Some may be connected using a wired connection.
- Use a USB printer cable to connect a printer to your computer and the wireless capability of your wireless printer must be turned off.
- Connect a gaming console with a wired Ethernet connection.
- Wired connections are also available but only one device can be registered to a specific port at a time. If you would like to connect multiple devices in your room you may use a wired router. All routers must be registered and setup by help desk employees. Please contact the help desk at 717-948-6188.
Please refer to Residence Life for more information on policies and procedures.
Our Wireless page will get you started using your laptop, tablet, or phone on campus. Instructions are also available in several other languages.
Penn State Webmail is the major e-mail client used by any enrolled student attending the Pennsylvania State University. You may access the messages on the official website at webmail.psu.edu. However, mail settings on a variety of devices and clients can be configured to view your WebMail messages.
Before viewing your WebMail to mail client on a handheld device, you must enroll in the IMAP service. Once you have accepted the terms of the service, it may take up to one business day before your messages begin to appear on your device. This includes both old and new messages. Please visit the IMAP enrollment page and sign into your Penn State account to complete the process.
Join the Helpdesk
If you are an enrolled student who is looking for an internship or work experience in an information technology environment, working at the ITS Student Help Desk is a potential option.
- Student Help Desk Operator - Job# 56540