Global Ambassadors Program
Penn State Harrisburg hosts international students from nearly 50 countries. The international students bring tremendous resources to the campus. Global Ambassadors are liaisons to different schools and programs. For Spring 2017, there are 41 Global Ambassadors from many countries. They recorded greetings in dozens of languages, shared cultural discussion etiquette, and presented their observation of American Culture and Etiquette.
The Global Ambassadors Program promotes Penn State Harrisburg's goals for academic excellence, diversity and global citizenship by developing life skills needed to become competent and engaged future world leaders.
The program trains future world leaders by involving students with
- planning and implementing international students programs
- participating in community services
- building relations with students, faculty, staff and community leaders
- Current Global Ambassadors
- Learn to greet others in multiple languages
- Shared cultural etiquette
- Global Ambassador Program Training Manual
Global Ambassador Awards
The Global Ambassador Program honors three outstanding Global Ambassadors each semester with the following awards:
- Outstanding Leader
- Diversity Award
- Outstanding Community Service