Financial Aid for Graduate Students
- 1. Graduate Student Funding for 2015-2016
Financial aid for graduate students is only available for 400 level and higher coursework. Unless indicated otherwise below, additional information and applications are available from the graduate program chairs.
Graduate Student Funding for 2015-2016
Full-time Graduate Student Stipends
For the following awards, students apply through their graduate program:
- Graduate School Doctoral Fellowships
- Bunton-Waller Graduate Scholar Awards
- Capital College Graduate Assistantships
- International Student Tuition Grant-In-Aid: This program offers some assistance for both graduate and undergraduate students. Details and application information are available from the Office of Global Programs.
- Summer Tuition Assistance: Tuition remission for 1-9 summer credits (depending on availability of funds) for students who received two consecutive semesters of fellowship/assistantship support. Eligible students are notified in the spring.
- Penn State Harrisburg Educators Award: This award provides recognition and financial assistance to outstanding students enrolled or planning to enroll in the literacy education or teaching and curriculum master’s programs at Penn State Harrisburg.
Teaching Assistantships (TAs)
- A select number of teaching assistantships may be available through the respective graduate program. Contact the program for availability and application details.
Grant-funded Research Assistantships
- A select number of research assistantships may be available through grants obtained by some graduate programs. Contact the program for availability and application details.
- Wage-payroll positions are sometimes available through the respective graduate program. Inquire within the specific Schools and Programs for details.
Sources available through the Office of Financial Aid
- Work Study: Graduate students earn $11 an hour with a maximum of 20 hours per week
- Stafford Loan: Graduate Students must be enrolled for a minimum of five (5) graduate level credits to receive a Stafford Student Loan. The graduate level loan is $20,500.
- Academic Scholarships: Visit the Scholarships page for more details.
- Board of Advisers Graduate Fellowship