Penn State Harrisburg, in coordination with local and regional agencies, will conduct an emergency preparedness exercise in its library, on Friday, September 30 starting at 9:00 a.m. The library will be closed to the public between 7:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Triparna Vasavada, Ph.D.
Triparna Vasavada is an associate professor of public administration in the School of Public Affairs at Penn State Harrisburg. Her research interests are nonprofit management, gender and leadership, disaster management, social network analysis. She teaches courses in research methods, and nonprofit management. Her work has appeared in the scholarly journals such as American Review of Public Administration, Administration & Society and Public Management Review. She has presented her work at numerous national and international conferences, including the American Society of Public Administration (ASPA), and International Society of Third Sector Research (ISTR) and Association for Research in Nonprofit and Voluntary Association (ARNOVA). As a Ford Foundation Fellow, she has worked as co-managing editor for a leading journal in women studies' "Gender & Society". She has received numerous grants and awards including ARNOVA's emerging scholar award.
- American Society for Public Administration
- Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action
- International Society for Third Sector Research
- Nonprofit management
- Gender issues in management
- Disaster management
- Social network analysis
- PADM 500 Public Organization and Management
- PADM 503 Research Methods
- PADM 518 Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- PADM 519 Nonprofit Organization Resource Management and Development
- PADM 594 Research Topic
Publications and Research
- Vasavada, T. (2014). Women leaders and management of public relations in the nonprofit organizations. Asia Pacific Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship, 3(1), 1-19.
- Morçöl, G., Vasavada, T., & Kim, S. (2014). Business Improvement Districts in Urban Governance A Longitudinal Case Study. Administration & Society, 46(7), 796-824.
- Vasavada, T. (2014). Corruption: A challenge for effective democratic governance in India. In Goktug Morcol and Gedeon Mudacumura (eds.), Challenges to democratic governance in developing country. USA: Springer.
- Vasavada, T. (2013) Managing disaster networks in India: A study of structure and effectiveness. Public Management Review, 15(3), 363-382.
- Goktug M., Vasavada T., and Kim S.,(Forthcoming, 2013) Business improvement district in urban governance: A longitudinal case study. Administration & Society, Published Online January 2013, DOI: 10.1177/0095399712473985
- Vasavada, T. (2012). A cultural feminist perspective on leadership in nonprofit organizations: A case of women leaders in India. Public Administration Quarterly, (36) 4, 462-503.
- Vasavada, T. B., & Kim S. (2011) Network Governance: A case of disaster management. NITTE Management Review. Justice K.S. Hegde Institute of Management, 5(1), 70-89.
- Vasavada T. B. (2010) Book Review: Social equity and public administration: Origins, developments, and applications by. H. George Frederickson. American Review of Public Administration.41(5), 592-597.
- Plant, J., Stalebrink, O., & Vasavada, T. B. (2010). Public values, public official associations and professionalism: A cross-national analysis. American Review of Public Administration.
- Vasavada, T. B. (2009). A study of leadership styles of women leaders of nonprofitorganizations in India. NITTE Management Review. Justice K.S. Hegde Institute of Management, 3(1), 39-50.
- Allison, L., Chen, X., Flanigan, S., Keyes-Williams, J., Vasavada, T., & Saidel, J. (2007).Toward doctoral education in nonprofit and philanthropic studies. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 36, 51S-63S.
- Gil-García, R., & Vasavada, T. (2006). Visiting a Hindu temple: A description of a subjective experience and some preliminary interpretations. Ciencia Ergo Sum, 13, 81-89.