Triparna Vasavada, Ph.D.
Triparna Vasavada is an assistant professor of public administration in the School of Public Affairs at Penn State Harrisburg. Her research interests are nonprofit management, gender and leadership, disaster management, social network analysis and research methodology. She teaches courses in research methods, and nonprofit management. Professor Vasavada's recent work appeared in the journal Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly. She has presented her work at numerous national and international conferences, including the Association for Research in Nonprofit and Voluntary Association (ARNOVA), Association of Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM), and International Society of Third Sector Research (ISTR). As a Ford Foundation Fellow, she has worked as co-managing editor for a leading journal in women studies' "Gender & Society". She has been on the founding committee of the Rockefeller College Review- Working Paper Series. She was assistant editor for Book News section in Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly News Letter. She has received numerous grants and awards including ARNOVA's emerging scholar award.
- American Society for Public Administration
- Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action
- International Society for Third Sector Research
- Nonprofit management
- Gender issues in management
- Disaster management
- Social network analysis
- PADM 503 Research Methods
- PADM 518 Non profit Organizations: Management and Leadership
- PADM 594 Master's Paper
Publications and Research
- Vasavada, T. (2013) Managing disaster networks in India: A study of structure and effectiveness. Public Management Review, 15(3), 363-382.
- Goktug M., Vasavada T., and Kim S.,(Forthcoming, 2013) Business improvement district in urban governance: A longitudinal case study. Administration & Society, Published Online January 2013, DOI: 10.1177/0095399712473985
- Vasavada, T. (2012). A cultural feminist perspective on leadership in nonprofit organizations: A case of women leaders in India. Public Administration Quarterly, (36) 4, 462-503.
- Vasavada, T. B., & Kim S. (2011) Network Governance: A case of disaster management. NITTE Management Review. Justice K.S. Hegde Institute of Management, 5(1), 70-89.
- Vasavada T. B. (2010) Book Review: Social equity and public administration: Origins, developments, and applications by. H. George Frederickson. American Review of Public Administration.41(5), 592-597.
- Plant, J., Stalebrink, O., & Vasavada, T. B. (2010). Public values, public official associations and professionalism: A cross-national analysis. American Review of Public Administration.
- Vasavada, T. B. (2009). A study of leadership styles of women leaders of nonprofitorganizations in India. NITTE Management Review. Justice K.S. Hegde Institute of Management, 3(1), 39-50.
- Allison, L., Chen, X., Flanigan, S., Keyes-Williams, J., Vasavada, T., & Saidel, J. (2007).Toward doctoral education in nonprofit and philanthropic studies. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 36, 51S-63S.
- Gil-García, R., & Vasavada, T. (2006). Visiting a Hindu temple: A description of a subjective experience and some preliminary interpretations. Ciencia Ergo Sum, 13, 81-89.
Ph.D. (SUNY Albany)
- +1 717 948 6363
- W160b Olmsted Building