Parag Pendharkar, Ph.D.
Dr. Pendharkar earned his doctorate in MIS from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale in 1997. Prior to joining Penn State Harrisburg, Dr. Pendharkar worked as an associate at a management consulting company in Mountain View, Calif. As a management consultant, Dr. Pendharkar worked on different consulting projects with: Sea-Land Services, Inc. Continental Airlines, the U.S. Government, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Dr. Pendharkar's research has appeared or has been accepted for publication in several journals such as, Annals of Operations Research, Communications of the ACM, Decision Science, Computers and Operations Research, European Journal of Operational Research, Naval Research Logistics, Interfaces and various proceedings of international, national and regional conferences.
- Decision Sciences Institute
- Management information systems
- Direct marketing and consumer credit screening
- Distributed artificial intelligence
- Genetic algorithms
- Inductive learning
- Neural networks and fuzzy logic
- Case-based reasoning
- Information systems and decision support in manufacturing
- IS implementation
- Quality issues in health care and production industry