Operators declared an alert at Three Mile Island 10/5, just before 10 p.m. A small fire was extinguished. There was no impact to the safety of the public or the plant. Additional information available from PennLive.com.
Judith T. Witmer, Ph.D.
Dr. Witmer received her Ed.D. at Temple University and completed postdoctoral studies at Harvard Law School. She has been a consultant for the Capital Area Institute for Mathematics and Science at Penn State Harrisburg since 2002.
Publications and Research
- Witmer, J. T. Jebbie: Vamp to Victim), Yesteryear Publishing, December 2011.
- Witmer, J. T. All the Gentlemen Callers: Letters from a 1920s Steamer Trunk, a short companion sequel to Jebbie.Yesteryear Publishing, expected date of publication, April 2012.
- Witmer, J. T. Growing Up Silent in the 1950s: Not All Tail Fins and Rock ’n’ Roll. Yesteryear Publishing, expected date of publication, June 2012.
- Witmer, J. T. and Melnick. S. A. Team-Based Professional Development: A Process for School Reform.Rowman & Littlefield, 2007.
- Witmer, J. T. Moving Up, A Guide for Women in Educational Administration. second edition, Rowman & Littlefield, Lanham, MD, 2006.
- Witmer, J. T. I Am From Haiti: The Story of Rodrigue Mortel, MD, A Biography, Mortel Foundation, December 2000. (French edition, Je Suis D’Haiti, 2002.)
- Witmer, J. T. The Keystone Integrated Framework: A Compendium. Pennsylvania Department of Education, 1997.
- Witmer, J. T. and Melnick, S. A. The Keystone Integrated Framework, a Case Study in Curriculum Integration. Alexandria, VA: The Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, 1997.
- Witmer, J. W. Moving Up! A Guide for Women in Educational Administration, first edition, Lancaster, PA: Technomic Press, 1995.
- Witmer, J. T. A Style Manual for Publications. Bureau of Special Education, Pennsylvania Department of Education, 1994.
- Witmer, J. T. and Anderson, C. S. How to Establish a Service-Learning Program. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), 1994.
Chapters in Books
- Witmer, J. T. “Outcome-Based Education,” Educational Innovations: An Agenda to Frame the Future (Charles A. Greenawalt, Editor). Harrisburg, PA: The Commonwealth Foundation, 1993. Also reprinted by the PA Department of Education for national dissemination.
- Witmer, J. T. and Anderson, C. S. “Voices from the Field: The Administrator,” in Community Service-Learning(Rahima C. Wade, Editor). State University of New York Press, 1997.
- Melnick, S.A., Witmer, J.T. & Strickland, M.J. (May 2011). Cognition and student learning through the arts. Arts Education Policy Review; 112: 1-9.
- Melnick, S. A.; Witmer, J. T.; and Strickland, M. J., "Cognition and Student Learning Through the Arts" (2008).Conference Proceedings 2008. Paper 2.
- Witmer, J. T. “The Ethics Committee: Compassionate Rationality.” Vital Signs, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA. V. 31, No. 11, May 2002.
- Witmer, J. T. “Arts: The Essential Aspect of Human Knowing.” Impressions, Arts in Education Network, ASCD, April 2002.
- Witmer, J. T. “New Directions in Health Ministry: A Retrospective of Pastoral Care Services.” Vital Signs, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA. V. 31, No. 8, February 2002.
- Houts, P. S., Witmer, J. T., Egeth, H. E. et al “Using Pictographs to Enhance Recall of Spoken Medical Instructions II,” Patient Education and Counseling, V. 43, pp. 231-242, 2001.
- Witmer, J. T. “Paul Kettl: Responding to American’s Fear—Madness, Medicine, and the Media.” Lead story, Vital Signs, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA. V. 32, No. 4, October 2001.
- Witmer, J. T. “Happy, Happy Birthday, Baby,” a Reminiscence of Baby Boomers. Reunions, Spring 2001.
- Witmer, J. T. “The Bellwether Consortium: Milton Hershey School’s Voice in AIE.” ARTS in Education. ASCD, Fall 1999.
- Melnick, S. A. & Witmer, J. T. (April, 1999). Team-based professional development: A new model for professional growth. American Educational Research Association, April 22, 1999, Montreal, Canada. (ERIC Document No. ED439125).
- Witmer, J. T. “The Measure of a Man.” Cover story in Penn State Medicine, November 1998.
- Houts, P. S., Bachrach, R., Witmer, J. T. et al. “Using Pictographs to Enhance Recall of Spoken Medical Instructions.” Patient Education and Counseling, V. 35, n. 2, 83-88, 1998.
- Witmer, J. T. “What are These Keyboards Doing Here?” PMEA News, Pennsylvania Music Educators Association, Fall 1997, pp. 26-27.
- Witmer, J. T. “Change the Date of Band Camp? You Must be Kidding!” PMEA News, Pennsylvania Music Educators Association, May 1996, pp. 20-21.
- Witmer, J. T. and Anderson, C. S. “Addressing School Board and Administrative Concerns About Service Learning.” Democracy and Education, Fall 1994.
- Witmer, J. T. “Start With the Arts.” The Executive Educator, April 1993, p. 40.
- Witmer, J. T. “Mentoring: One District’s Success Story.” NASSP Bulletin, V. 77, n. 550, February 1993, pp. 71-78.
- Witmer, J. T. “Teachers as Advisors.” Executive Educator, V. 14, n. 5, pp. 41-42, May 1992.
- Witmer, J. T. “To Soothe the Savage Breast.” PennsylvaniaMusic Educators Association Journal, March 1992, p. 21.
- Witmer, J. T. “The Tenure Trap.” Executive Educator, V. 14, n. 1, January 1992, p. 48.
- Witmer, J. T. “Integrity: ‘He Who Steals My Purse’.” In Other Voices: Expanding the Educational Conversation. Proceedings of the South Atlantic Philosophy of Education Society, Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina, October 4-5, 1991.
- Witmer, J. T. “Mentoring as a Full Time Program: It Works!” Diversity in Mentoring, Mentoring International, July 1991.
- Witmer, J. T. “The Case for Training Educational Administrators in Making Ethical Decisions,” in Landers, Thomas J., Editor. Education Leadership: German and American Perspectives.Papers from the International Conference on Educational Leadership, Cologne, West Germany, June 27-30, 1989. Washington, DC: The International Council on Educational Leadership, pp. 177-193.
Plays Written and Produced
- “The Disappearing Falcon,” produced by TB Ent, January 2012
Playscripts Written and Produced
- “Time for Reflection and Excellence,” 1987
- “Sunrise, Sunset,” 1986
- “What Really Happened to the Class of 1965,” 1985
- “1984: George Orwell’s Prophecy and Reality,” 1984
- “The World Is Yours; Build, Therefore, Your Own World,” 1983
- “Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow: A Retrospective of the 1970s,” 1979
- “Moments to Remember,” 1978
- “The Way We Were,” 1977
- “The World Turned Upside Down,” an American Bicentennial Pageant,” 1976
- “The Past is Only the Beginning,” 1974
- “To Everything There is a Season,” 1971
- “Awake! Arise! Decide!” 1970
- “You Can’t Go Home Again,” 1969
- “The Answer is Blowing in the Wind,” 1968
- “Nils mortalibus arduum est,” 1967
Choralogue (Speaking Choruses) Scripts Written and Produced
- “Celebrate: A Song of Oneself,” 1981
- “An Echo of the Past; A Herald of the Future”
- “…but around in awareness,” 1975
- “Let There be Peace on Earth,” 1973
- “E Pluribus Unum,” 1972
- “Nils mortalibus arduum est,” 1967
Booklets, manuals, newsletters, programs, more than 100 book reviews, broadsheets, and speeches for clients such as the president of Milton Hershey School and the director of the Cancer Center at Penn State Medical Center abound.
B.A.; M.S.; Ph.D. (Temple)
- +1 717 948 6731
- W331 Olmsted Building