Penn State Harrisburg
Issam Abu-Mahfouz, Ph.D., P.E.
· Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering; Science, Engineering, and Technology
· Program Chair, Mechanical Engineering & Mechanical Engineering Technology
ASME Student Club Advisor
- Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member of the Vibration Institute (VI)
- Member of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
- Member of Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM)
- Nonlinear Vibrations and Chaos
- Machine Health Monitoring using Vibration and Acoustic Signals
- Artificial Neural Network for Pattern Recognition
- Rotor Dynamics and Bearing Design
- MET 454, Automatic Controls
- MET 481, MET 486, Senior Design (Capstone) Project
- MET 341, Mechanical Measurements and Instrumentation
- MET 308, Solid Modeling
- MET 432, Fluid Power
- ET 300, Statics
- ME 461, Finite Element Analysis
- ME 451, Advanced Machine Design Problems
Publications and Research
- Abu-Mahfouz, I., Gearbox Health Monitoring Experiment Using Vibration Signals. Journal of Engineering Technology (Spring 2007), pp. 26-31.
- Abu-Mahfouz, I., and Adams, M. L., Numerical Study of Some Nonlinear Dynamics of a Rotor Supported on a Three-Pad Tilting Pad Journal Bearing (TPJB). ASME Transactions Journal of Vibration & Acoustics, Vol. 127, No. 3 (June 2005), pp. 262-272.
- Abu-Mahfouz, I., A Comparative Study of Three Artificial Neural Networks for the Detection and Classification of Gear Faults. International Journal of General Systems, Vol. 34, No. 3 (June, 2005), pp. 261-277.
- Abu-Mahfouz, I., Drill Flank Wear Estimation Using Supervised Vector Quantization Neural Networks. Neural Computing & Applications, Vol. 14, No. 3 (September 2005), pp. 167-175.
- Abu-Mahfouz, I., Drilling Wear Detection and Classification Using Vibration Signals and Artificial Neural Network, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 43 (2003), pp. 707-720.
- Trautenback, U., and Abu-Mahfouz, I., Using Sound and Vibration Signals to Monitor Cell Wear on Anilox Rolls. Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation. Vol. 19, No. 4 (December 2003), pp. 187-198.
B.S.; M.S.; Ph.D. (Case Western Reserve University); P.E.
- +1 717 948 6361
- W239 Olmsted Building