Ilhan Kucukaydin, D.Ed.
Ilhan Kucukaydin is an affiliate assistant professor of education (adult education) at the Penn State Harrisburg. His research interests are equality in education, technology, adult education, critical pedagogy, and “counter-learning under oppression,” which is a way of learning he explored in his dissertation. Counter-learning is an individual and social learning and unlearning process that works against indoctrination and it encompasses rational, emotional, lingual, moral, and behavioral manifestations. Counter-learning is a negation of submission to the given reality.
- Adult Learning
- Critical pedagogy
- Counter-learning under oppression
- Critical technology
- Social and Historical Issues in Adult Education
- Instructional Design
Publications and Research
- Kucukaydin, I. & Cranton, P. (2012). Saying "no": The Power of Transformative Learning. In Carr. P. R. and Porfilio, B.J.(Ed.). Educating for Peace in a Time of "Permanent War": Are Schools Part of the Solution or the Problem. Routledge
- Kucukaydin, I., & Cranton, P. (2013). Critically questioning the integration of Jungian psychic structures in transformative learning theory. Adult education Quarterly vol 63. No.1 pp. 43-56
- Kucukaydin, I. & Cranton, P. (2012). Participatory learning in formal Adult education context. International Journal of Adult Vocational Education and Technology,3(1), International Journal of Adult Vocational Education and Technology
- Kucukaydin, I. (in press). Unbearable lightness of being too nice to question. The International Journal of Critical Pedagogy.
- Kucukaydin, I. (2010). Counter learning under oppression. Adult Education Quarterly, 60(3), pp. 215-232
- Kucukaydin, I. (2008). Book Review: Clover and Stalker’s “The Arts and Social Justice: Re-crafting Adult Education and Community Cultural Leadership”. Adult Education Quarterly (59)1.
- Kucukaydin, I. (2008). Counter learning under oppression. (Doctoral dissertation, Penn State University Harrisburg, 2008)
- Kucukaydin, I., & Tisdell, E. J. (2008). The discourse on the digital divide: Are we being co-opted? UCLA Journal of Education and Information Studies, vol. 4, Issue 1, Article 6 http://repositories.cdlib.org/gseis/interactions/vol4/iss1/art6
- Kucukaydin, I. (Spring, 2008). Meeting Dr. Stephan Brookfield. Adult Education Times Newsletter, p. 5.
B.A.; M.A.; D.Ed. (Penn State)
- +1 717 948 6175
- W101a Olmsted Building