Brenda L. Firestone
Dr. Brenda L. Firestone is an Educational Program Associate with Penn State Harrisburg’s Continuing and Distance Education. She has 13 years of experience serving as the Outreach Coordinator for the School of Science, Engineering and Technology where she administrates workforce education programs geared towards an adult engineering and technical audience. Additional responsibilities include administration of the Penn State Harrisburg Environmental Training Center where she leads the drinking water and wastewater operator workshop instructional design team. Her background includes 12 years as a Laboratory Supervisor for the Environmental Programs where she administrated laboratory courses and facilitated graduate research projects. Brendahas a BS degree in Environmental Engineering Technology and a Master’s degree in Training and Development. Her doctorate degree in Adult Education included a mixed methods research dissertation titled “Engineers' Perceptions of Diversity and the Learning Environment at Work”.
- Administration, development and delivery of workforce education programs geared towards an adult audience.
- Expertise in identifying stakeholders and building diverse teams to support nontraditional participants in lifelong learning objectives.
- Feminine/Masculine BESC WMNST464 (2014)
- Research and Evaluation in Adult Education ADTED 507, Teaching Assistant (2014)
- Qualitative Research Methodologies for Adult Education ADTED 550, Teaching Assistant (2013)
- +1 717 948 6538
- 0207 Church Hall