Apr. 18 and 25, 2014
May 9 and 16, 2014
May 30 and Jun. 6, 2014
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Time allotted includes one a.m. and p.m. break and one hour for lunch.
Penn State Harrisburg
4.2 CEUs for entire series
For more information, contact:
Tom Bux at firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Management Fundamentals Series
This series of two-day seminars will help to ensure the success of your projects, and teach you to:
- Set practical project goals and realistic schedules
- Develop a project plan
- Build project teams
- Manage time constraints and people pressures
About the Program
This series teaches the fundamentals of how to deliver projects on time and within budget. The combined courses will touch on areas such as defining the scope of a project and using project management tools, as well as learning skills to manage project teams. The program is designed for individuals from nontechnical fields who are new to project management; managers who must deal with multiple projects; and for those who are looking for formal project management training.
Jesse Middaugh, M.S.I.S., P.M.P
Instructor in Information Sciences and Technology (IST), Penn State Harrisburg
IST Coordinator, Penn State Harrisburg
Director of Professional Education, PMI Keystone Chapter
Project Management Fundamentals I
This course provides a solid foundation that covers the tools and techniques of project management.
- Learn the basic of the project scope
- Utilize planning and scheduling tools
- Understand the importance of project monitoring
Project Management Fundamentals II
This course covers the "people side" of project management.
- Talk about Project Management today
- Enhance communications throughout projects
- Understand how to work and communicate with different personalities
- Learn how to work with your project team
- Discuss risk management
Project Management Fundamentals III
This course covers the important areas of cost estimating and budgeting; leadership; and meeting and priority management.
- Discuss budgets and cost management
- Enhance meetings, time, and priority management
- Talk about leadership skills
- Discuss completion and close-out of projects