Part-time Adult Students
For more information, contact Ronda Stump, program coordinator, at email@example.com or 717-948-6505.
Courses at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center for Part-Time Adult Students
In today's economic climate a college degree is becoming increasingly important. You may have postponed your education to juggle things at home and work; now is the time to focus on your long-term goals for you and your family.
- The average college graduate earns nearly twice as much as a worker with a high school diploma.
- More than 40 percent of all college students today are adults.
- The average person will change jobs seven to ten times during his or her work life, making it vital to learn and develop new skills.
Courses at Hershey Medical Center
- The courses count toward several associate degrees.
- The learning environment is designed to maximize the experience for the adult learner.
- Courses are scheduled five times a year—in the evenings, on weekends, and in the lunch hour to accommodate your busy schedule.
- Some courses include online components, so you don’t need to attend class as often.
View the Summer 2010 Course Schedule.
All students can register for the summer as soon as February 9, 2009.
Returning Adult Students—There are a few changes from the spring, so please read through the information and then complete the registration form and send it to:
Ronda Stump, Program Coordinator
Penn State Harrisburg
777 West Harrisburg Pike
Middletown PA 17057
New Adult Students—We are here to make your transition back to school an easy one. To schedule a personal appointment, e-mail Ronda Stump, program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Step-Up Approach
If you are looking for a manageable approach to earning a degree, you will find a certificate program to be an excellent starting point. Our step-up certificate programs lead directly to an associate degree in letters, arts, and sciences, a customized liberal arts degree.
- Earn the first certificate with as few as four courses (12 credits).
- Have something tangible to show a current or prospective employer and your friends and family in a short period of time.
- Most of our programs allow you, in consultation with an adviser, to select courses that interest you and enhance your personal growth and career mobility.
- You can earn three certificates in this program on your path to the associate degree.
- We are currently considering adding a baccalaureate degree program in Hershey.