Location: Penn State Harrisburg
Fee: $495 single enrollment; $449 each, multiple enrollments
CEUs: 0.7 CEUs
To Register: There is no session currently scheduled at Harrisburg. Please contact Penn State Continuing Education at 717-948-6700 for information on future sessions or to schedule an on-site offering.
Visit Penn State Management Development to find out whether this program is available at another location or to view additional professional development opportunities.
This one-day program introduces the fundamentals of Microsoft Project in a hands-on environment where each student is provided with a computer to complete instructor-led exercises. The program will provide a basic understanding of Microsoft Project, including creating and modifying tasks, working with tables, views, and costs, and working in diagram view, among other topics.
Who Should Attend
Students will get the most out of the course if their goal is to become proficient project managers by using Microsoft Project to plan and manage their projects effectively. Participants should be comfortable using a personal computer and Microsoft Windows XP.
- Project management concepts
- Exploring Microsoft Project 2003 for Windows
- Using help
- Working with project files
- Closing project files and closing Microsoft Project
- Creating a task list
- Modifying a task list
- Creating a work breakdown structure
- Setting up task links
- Working in network diagram view
- Working with advanced task options
- Creating base calendars
- Working with resources and calendars
- Working with resource costs
- Working with views
- Working with tables
- Working with filters
- Working with groups
- Sorting tasks and resources
- Finalizing schedules
- Resolving resource conflicts