For more information, contact Ronda Stump, program coordinator, at or 717-948-6505.

Courses for Full-Time Penn State Students at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center

Many Penn State students choose to take courses while they are home for the summer. Taking summer courses is an excellent way to meet your goals sooner, to alleviate stress from an over-packed fall or spring, or to pick up a remedial class to prepare for an upcoming semester.

You may also want to consider some of the courses available on the Penn State Harrisburg campus.

View the Summer 2010 Course Schedule.


As a full-time student at Penn State you may register on e-lion.

Courses at the medical center are administered through Penn State Harrisburg. For summer, you do not need to request a change of location to Penn State Harrisburg, if you attend another campus during the school year. You only need to request a change of location if you will be taking courses at multiple campuses over the summer.

Penn State Harrisburg and Hershey Medical Center (for Undergraduate classes) are considered the same location and are listed under Penn State Harrisburg. Your ANGEL and e-lion accounts should remain active.

Be sure to review your summer course plans with your assigned full-time faculty adviser or DUS Coordinator at your current Penn State campus. You should not register for any summer classes before you have met and reviewed your course plans with your Penn State adviser!


Many of the services you need are housed at the Penn State Harrisburg campus, even though you will be taking classes at the medical center. If you have questions, please contact the following departments at Penn State Harrisburg for assistance or visit the Penn State Harrisburg Web site at, Enrollment Services 717-948-6020
Bursar 717-948-6009
Financial Aid 717-948-6307
Bookstore 717-948-6286

Eligible Dependents

For eligible dependent children of medical center faculty or staff, please make sure after you have registered for courses that your parent has notified Lori Miller at the medical center to process the appropriate paperwork.