Engineering Review Program
Planning on taking the Professional Engineering Civil Exam in 2015? Penn State Harrisburg will partner with Penn State Berks to offer the Civil Professional Engineering review course. The course will be video conferenced from the Berks campus to the Penn State Harrisburg campus. This review course is taught by engineering faculty as well as professional engineers working in the field and prepare you to take the exam by:
- Identifying the most common technical areas covered in the exam
- Sharpening your problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Establishing built-in study time
- Practicing calculations and test questions
- Increasing your confidence and reducing test anxiety
PE Civil Engineering Exam Review
- Dates: Tuesdays, September 9, 2014 through March 24, 2015
- Time: 6 pm - 9 pm
- Location: Penn State Harrisburg Library, Room 110 (campus map)
- Cost: $1045.00
- Reference Manual:
Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam, 14th Edition
Michael Lindeburg, PE
Fundamentals of Engineering Exam Review
The FE exam is now offered 8 months out of the year and only available as a computer based test. The transition to CBT involves significant changes to the format of the exams and the procedures for administering them. For additional information about the FE exam, available discipline exams and the specifications, the computer based test, and 8 month availability at Pearson View Centers go to: http://ncees.org/exams/fe-exam/ .
The Harrisburg campus is currently in the process of redesigning our FE exam review for a webinar delivery system. We expect the design to be completed by the end of the year. To add your name and contact information to the inquiry list please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you when the program is available.
In the meantime, we recommend that you go to ncees.org, click on exams at the top, and then FE exam on the left to get information.
Useful Licensure Links
- National Council of Examiners for Engineers and SurveyingInformation about the exams
- Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and GeologistsInformation about PA requirements to sit for the exams
- Professional Credential ServiceDownload Exam Application
- Professional PublicationsReview reference material and FAQ exam forum