Guidelines for Student Organizations
Each club/organization is required to participate in one community service project each semester. The online Project Community Registration Form must be submitted and approved before the service project can be held.
If your club plans to travel for a club-related event, please be sure to review your Policies and Procedures Manual.
Also, for any off-campus event planned, a Trip Sign-Up Sheet has to be filled out for all attendees and turned into the CLIA office 24 hours before the trip.
You and your fellow club/organization members have an idea for a great event to host on campus. The first step in event planning includes brainstorming together and writing everything down.
- What type of event?
- Where do we want to hold the event?
- How much money will we need?
- Where are we going to look for funding?
- When do we want to hold the event?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Choose your event date and location
- Obtain funding
Properly reserve the event location using the Room Request Form.
Reserving the room is necessary prior to beginning the registration process. Room Request Forms can be found on this page or in E-131 Olmsted Building. Completed forms should be turned into E-131, Olmsted Building. You will receive email confirmation when the room has been reserved. Room Request Forms must be completed in a timely fashion. The following deadlines have been put in place, but we encourage you to turn them in earlier.
Meetings - 48 Hours prior to meeting time
Events - At least three weeks prior to the event (earlier is better)
Get the Penn State Harrisburg Student Event Registration Packet started.
All students at Penn State Harrisburg, including recognized clubs/organizations must register events being held on campus regardless of funding source. Registration packets are available on this page, or in E-131 Olmsted Building. Registration packets must be completed and turned into E-131 Olmsted Building 14 days prior to the event date. Failure to meet this deadline will result in the event being rescheduled or cancelled.
The event registration packet includes the following information:
- Penn State Harrisburg Student Event Agreement - All signatures need to be obtained for this form to be complete.
- Events Management - This form is required for ITS needs. This form will be reviewed and discussed with an ITS staff member when seeking signature for event agreement.
- Room Set-Up Form - This form should be filled out regardless if special setup is required. If no setup is required, please indicate this on the form and turn it in.
- Campus Events Calendar Advertising - Penn State University has a calendar in place at www.events.psu.edu. To advertise your event on this calendar, this sheet needs to be filled out and returned to E-131 Olmsted Building along with your other event agreement paperwork.
- Utility Requirements for Event Set-Ups - This form was created by the Maintenance and Operations department to ensure electrical needs can and will be met for the event.
It is good practice to follow-up on your event a few days beforehand. If you have hired a speaker, DJ, entertainer, caterer, etc., call to confirm their arrival date and time. Good communication is key to your event's success!