Penn State Harrisburg, in coordination with local and regional agencies, will conduct an emergency preparedness exercise in its library, on Friday, September 30 starting at 9:00 a.m. The library will be closed to the public between 7:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Engineering Capstone Design Conference
Senior Engineering and Engineering Technology Projects
Join us to learn about the future of engineering! These presentations represent the culmination of a project based on extensive research and design.
- 8:00 a.m. - Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. - Featured Speaker: David P. Wirick General Manager ArcelorMittal Steelton LLC - Wirick has been in his current position since 2007, heading one of the top rail-producing facilities in North America. The Steelton plant is part of the Long Carbon North America division of ArcelorMittal, a global steel manufacturer. He holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering and a master’s in business and is a registered professional engineer.
- 9:00 a.m. - Student Presentations
Students will present in various classrooms.
Capstone Project Titles 2013
- Bio-Diesel Processing Plant
- 3D Laser Scanner
- Harley Bobber
- The Wild Banshee
- Utility Rat Rod
- Beverage Brewing System
- Logarithmic Spiral Trebuchet
- Hover Craft
- Educational Solar Panel System
- Repulsive Attractive Bi-directional Inductance Drive
- Fluid Level Process Trainer
- HVAC Automated Cold Trap for TRANE
- Gas to Electric Motorcycle Conversion
- The Spokeless Bicycle
- PLC Controlled Conveyor System
- Enhancing Stair Climbing in Crutches
- Standing Assisted Wheelchair
- Shopping Cart Dryer
- Voice Operated Refrigerator Opener
- Autonomous Control Drone UAV
- Boat Leveling Sensor
- Electronic Window-Tint Control
- Energy Harvesting
- Hot Tub Occupancy Sensor
- Quad-rotor UAV
- RFID Proximity Detector
- Voice-to-Braille Translation
To register go to http://2013capstoneevent.eventbrite.com/ or call 717-948-6715.
This event has ended; page retained for archival purposes only.