Penn State Harrisburg, in coordination with local and regional agencies, will conduct an emergency preparedness exercise in its library, on Friday, September 30 starting at 9:00 a.m. The library will be closed to the public between 7:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Central PA Fall Teacher Fair
All teacher candidates from any college/university may attend, including May 2014 graduates.
No pre-registration is necessary and there is no attendance fee.
Things to Know
- Links to the participating school districts are available at: https://psu-csm.symplicity.com/events/students.php?cf=ftf2013. Review this information and know which district representatives you would like to meet.
- While the Job Fair brings many hiring officials to campus, it also attracts HUNDREDS of teacher candidates seeking a limited number of positions. Do NOT use this event as your sole source for securing a job. During previous events, inexperienced job seekers have expressed frustration about the number of candidates competing with them for interviews. Unprepared candidates will feel overwhelmed. Because of the large number of participants, you may have to wait to speak with a recruiter. Please be patient and courteous.
- Many districts will be scheduling interviews during the first hour. Early arrival is recommended.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to speak with as many school officials as possible. Don't limit yourself geographically - you may be surprised!
- Do not expect a job offer during the Job Fair. This is part of the screening process. However, it is your opportunity to make a good first impression.
- Dress professionally. You will be standing in line, so wear comfortable shoes and don't carry a lot of excess baggage.
- Bring plenty of quality resumes, pens and pencils to the event.
- Follow up with the districts in which you are interested.
This event is co-sponsored by Lock Haven University and The Pennsylvania State University
This event has ended; page retained for archival purposes only.