The mission of the Teacher Education Program is to facilitate the development of candidates who are life-long reflective professionals committed to the learning of all students with an emphasis on:
- Student-centered education;
- Teachers as life-long learners and reflective professionals;
- Current research and best practices;
- Standards-based curriculum and dynamic assessment; and
- Interdisciplinary knowledge and curriculum.
The Teacher Education Program is dedicated to providing interdisciplinary instruction and experiences which:
- Promote a democratic view of the schools and society;
- Foster critical, creative, and reflective thinking;
- Enhance the understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures;
- Nurture sensitive and caring attitudes;
- Extend content knowledge and pedagogical competencies; and
- Instill a commitment to scholarship and professionalism.